• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Sam Miller

Sam Miller

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:06 PM

Yeah I have a feeling this is going to take alot of tweaking! I was planning on every 10 use's or so manually checking the speed of the main arm with a stopwatch and marker.

Just been messing around with the Arduino and got most of it up and running again.

I was thinking the same!

I am a artist in many ways but I can not draw...

http://www.youtube.c...0123legoman3210

#17 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

It should be possible to make a cutter to slit 50mm tape into say 5 x 10mm, it's called a block of wood with five stanley knife blades fixed as needed. BUT you'd have to respool the paper tape onto five separate cores, so you'd need a feed roll and a powered take up reel and some blades. AND there would be blood spilt! You could set up to make any size split this way. The issue is getting the 8" spools of tape rather than the 3" dia spools which are too small for most purposes with a machine.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#18 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

Kenneth, if you read back through the posts he is specifically looking for NON gunmed tape. Your post was not addressing that request in the first place so I suspect he hasn't replied as he had already stated its nit what he is after?

#19 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

Kinnel Ken, you must loose a lot of dummies. You spit a lot out. Why are you so highly strung?

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#20 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:43 AM

Wheat paste and very well wetted paper similar to potato sacks always works very well and is cheap if not free! That stuff dries rock solid and shrinks to close the shell even more. Always use it on cylinder shells but strips for ball shells also works great.

Edited by karlfoxman, 23 August 2015 - 06:43 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pasting, Paper, Tape, Shells, Pasting Machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users