• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 robfir

robfir

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:12 PM

I think fire is extremely beautiful. As beautiful as fireworks, but in a different way (obviously).

#17 dr-pepper

dr-pepper

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 05:23 PM

I do actually like fire, i like burning things, especially on a bonfire, just chuck the odd stick in here and there. I dont start fires like in parks or where ever to burn things down etc, i think the only thing i burn in the house are candles, but i have singed the dining room table which was quite funny lol.

But when it comes to chemistry at school and we get the old bunsen burners out its not just me that goes kinda fire mad, i think once me and some other people who I was working wiv were heating sumin in a boiling tube like graphite or sumin, and we managed to make it so hot by leaving it over the blue flame for so long, that the bottom actually melted and the glass/graphity stuff actually dripped out and into the bunsen burner, lol we found it funny :P

Also we tend to mix together all the chemicals we have been using etc and just tip them in one big beaker and see wot it does. Or drop copper sulphate powered into a flame to make it go green, or potassium sumthing or other to make it go lilac. Good days are those spent in a chemistry lab :D
Posted Image

#18 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 05:58 PM

That sounds mature and wholesome. You had better not start randomly mixing stuff in this hobby.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#19 dr-pepper

dr-pepper

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 06:01 PM

That sounds mature and wholesome. You had better not start randomly mixing stuff in this hobby.

View Post

Lol, no i wont. I onyl do it wiv things that i no wont blow up etc. Also our chemistry teacher lets us, prolly coz he knows no harm will come out of it.
Posted Image

#20 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 06:23 PM

Get out that dictionary, I won't tell you again :rolleyes:

For me, there is nothing more beautiful or ephemeral than a large bonfire on a frosty November evening. There is something very primitive and special about staring into the flames, watching the sparks rise into the night sky.

#21 Ben

Ben

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 07:00 PM

Yes i agree i like sitting round a fire pocking sticks into it i always loved Bonfires as a young kid and when it came to Guy Fawkes Night i made the best guys ever one year i made a Osam Binlarden and hung him in a old wardrobe which was coated in laods of layer of varnish that went up a treat left the fire blazing for ages after the fireworks had finished.

#22 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:14 PM

Wow a whole paragraph without any punctuation.

Please people, check your stuff before you hit 'Add reply'
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users