• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Pieman

Pieman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:28 PM

Is somebody going to take charge then? How soon does anybody want to order, the sooner the better as far as i'm concerned :D
Here The Forsaken

#17 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:00 AM

i'm in.

#18 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

The problem is everyone is up for joining in, but no-one can be arsed placing the order and the hassle of splitting it and sending out parcels. Keep it small, no more than 2 per order I reckon.

#19 burningbush

burningbush

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:32 PM

Its a good idea ,like Richard said its hard to split the orders for redistribution.

P.
[COLOR=purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Impact][B]
I love it! I can buy a pack of smokes which will hurt me for sure! Yet theres a 1000 laws in place to protect me from myself . I guess its ok to harm your self if its slow and will help the economy.

#20 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

I don't need to order now,
i have tubes :D and a wee bit of ferrotitanium :D:D
i dunno if anything else i need warrants an international order. the other bits like barium nitrate & magnalum cant be shipped over anyway.
i'd join in if i need more bits and bobs next time. i'd gladly organise it as well, im not exactly pushed for time at the moment.

#21 Guest_PyromaniaMan_*

Guest_PyromaniaMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:17 AM

There is another name for this, it's called a nonprofit pyrotechnics supply shop. Just not a publicly available one. Bulk buy a load af whatever,and send it of in smaller parcels to whomever (forum member wise) wants it.

#22 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:48 PM

Not as easy as that, even if you want to run it as a non-profit organisation. There are still legal requirements regarding what you are 'selling'
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#23 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:52 PM

you cant just sell chemicals to anyone, even if they are a member. god knows what would happen if there was an accident at some point. would not do much good for our reputation. it will have to be looked at in great detail, thats my opinion anyway.

k

#24 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:53 PM

i doubt anything that can be shipped from america could be that dangerous. They wont send metal powders, fuels or oxidisers etc. or anything else dodgey.
I dont think a company needs to be set up to do this. we are talking a one off at a time order, and probably not big ones really

#25 Pieman

Pieman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:56 PM

Next time that someone in the UK orders from skylighter can they please PM me so I can sort out an order for the intro to practicle pyro book. Its only a book so I don't think that there can be too much trouble with any laws about chemical related products.
Here The Forsaken

#26 Guest_PyromaniaMan_*

Guest_PyromaniaMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

Ok, maybe i didn't make myself clear, i meant someone buy a load and other members could PM him annd ask if he/she had so-and-so...sort of like a shop... but not a shop...
Eloquence at it's highest :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users