#16 Flashy

Flashy

Safety First!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 07:38 PM

Hello again,

I have just tried your suggestion alany, i have just tried it. Managed to get some fuses from a late night DIY place. With the light bulb in the circuit the motor did not spin at all, so i tried a 60W nothing again, So i tried a 40W nothing again. I then tried it without the light bulb and it started to spin. It kept on spinning but i turned it off because i got a little scared. It sounded as if it wasn't going to stop increasing in speed. It was spinning very fast when i turned it of and took about a minute to spool down. Not the 480 RPM i was hoping for. The otor does say on the top 220V 50Hz 480/14000 RPM any further suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

#17 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:05 AM

Flashy. Welcome to the forum.

Please do not open a thread for every new question you got. There are thread for ball mills - just search, find the thread, and post your question at the right thread please.

#18 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:05 PM

Hi i wentto a scrap yard ages ago and they wouldn't let me get any washing machine motors they said they would fine me if i did a thousond pounds for it cause it is stealing what should i do? thanks for sugestions.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#19 S.Peter

S.Peter

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:12 PM

I thought the whole idea was that you go to the scrapyard and ask if they have what you want, and how much ??? they want for it. You give them some cash and you get your motor.

?1000 is a bit heavy, you could buy a new washingmachine for that :D

#20 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:43 PM

Look in the paper, its amazing what you can find. I picked up a 1/4 hp 1400rpm motor just this morning for 45 smackers!

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#21 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:02 PM

Try another scrapyard. That one must have had pretty wierd staff. The guys at the one I go to are _very_ happy to sell stuff, and very cheaply. I got the same as Matt for ?1.50.

PS, If you can't find a less "Local" Scrapyard*, eBay always has a few motors. Prices are probably similar to newspaper classified ads. They also have bearings, if your having trouble finding them.

*This will mean nothing to people without BBC2

Edited by Phoenix, 06 June 2004 - 03:13 PM.

#22 Flashy

Flashy

Safety First!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:19 PM

without bbc 2 or the series boxset? Just out of interest are you trying a council dump/tip. I know they are a bit cagey about giving or selling stuff to people. The tightest thing i saw was a little kid wanted a battered old trike out of one of the skips, they wouldn't give it to him because they said it was council property. There is a scrap metal yard around here, they are always happy to flog stuff. You want the kind of place that says "scrap metal wanted" outside.

Edited by Flashy, 06 June 2004 - 03:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users