#46 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:10 PM

Yes i am.
Have you got something different (Mozzila, Firefox)

#47 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

I'm sorry all of you who don't use Windows Internet Explorer! :( Every thing works good in IE (at a resolution of 1280*1024).

Here is a link to the 4" twinkel shell:

http://www.a0tu.com/...inchtwinkle.avi

Edited by Yugen-biki, 20 February 2005 - 04:44 PM.

#48 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

They seem to work for me

Yes and that very excuse is why 95% of the sites out there look horrible in whatever browser the author *wasn't* using. There are web standards for a reason; interoperability.

The slosh (reverse solidus, backslash, etc) instead of slash thing is a very common error unfortunately. It isn't just an IE weirdness, it is wrong by the definition of URLs. Browsers being "helpful" and accepting any old crap isn't helpful in the long run, I'd rather have my browser enforce the standards and refuse to render a page I am authoring unless it is 100% valid.

#49 PyroKid

PyroKid

PyroKid

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:14 AM

Congratulations, yugen-biki, for producing what has to be one of the most professional shells i have ever seen.
Keep up the good work!
Look forward to seeing more of your work in the near future :)

All the best
Who said there wasnt fireworks between us?

#50 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:09 AM

I'm sorry all of you who don't use Windows Internet Explorer! :( Every thing works good in IE (at a resolution of 1280*1024).

Don?t worry, we certainly aren?t sorry. Firefox rules ;)

#51 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 01:32 PM

I have never used any thing else but IE. As a basic use I don't see why I should use another browser.
I have done some html programing, but it was to boring to get good at! Pyro is what I'm interested in, not computers. If you have problems with watching the page, I'm sorry and I'm not going to do anything about it for now.
I was thinking about makeing a "text only" version with a few links to pictures and videos, for all you user that can't bare the crappy page.
But that will probably take time as I'm busy, and for now I don't have anything new of interest to put up.
The page I have done is not a artistic work of art! I would just like to show some people, that are interested in pyro, what I have done and maby help. Take it for what it is or don't bother.
^_^

#52 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

I don't think that's a very commendable attitude, but I respect that you have other intrests than hacking websites all day - don't we all!

My only recommendation is to use a better tool, "Save As Webpage" from Word is broken and means a fair percentage of the visitors to your site can't see your quite wonderful videos. That's a great shame, and if it was my site I'd want to fix it. I suggest you use something better than Word, even if that means paying a few dollars for a quality tool like Dreamweaver, or perhaps there is a free tool out there that is a reasonable WYSIWYG HTML editor - I don't know I just use a text editor to author my pages.

If nothing else you can open your pages in Notepad and change the "movies\" to "movies/", it will take but a moment and let as all enjoy them.

#53 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:55 PM

I made this page just for fun. I did not have in mind it would take this much time. But I would like it if more people were abel to watch the movies and other stuff.

I'll see what I can do about the movie problem.

EDIT:

OK DONE!

http://www.a0tu.com/Yuki/Dokument.html

For you all that can't watch my page. Here is some super advaced "Word pad" programming! :lol:

Edited by Yugen-biki, 22 February 2005 - 01:44 PM.

#54 Flashy

Flashy

Safety First!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:02 PM

I would have liked to have a pyro website of my own, but looking at the content of www.a0tu.com i would never want anything of mine to be in anyway associated to the site. High explosives, combat, hacking and lock picking. Seems very kewl to me.

Edit: Did you think about using a fuse for that silver spolette Yugen-biki? Hope your hands ok

Edited by Flashy, 22 February 2005 - 10:07 PM.

#55 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:00 PM

Flashy

I don't if I aprove with every thing on .a0tu.com, but my page is not linked to his page. I'm not trying to defend his page. that is up to him. But I can tell you and every one else reading that I am in no way connected to that site eccept that I use the same server.

Edit: Did you think about using a fuse for that silver spolette Yugen-biki? Hope your hands ok

I use fuse sometimes. One that burns about 1cm per second.

First I did not understand what you ment by "my hands". But now, I can tell you that my hand are fine (thanks)! I have never burt my fingers on fireworks.
It's the same old thing about the videos. "In the movie It looks like you were close" or "In the movie it seemd smaller/bigger" atc..

#56 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:12 PM

I am on their forum and I do not agree with most of the things on there! I only post in their pyro section because i believe the rest to be very immature and foolish!
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#57 s2525

s2525

Irish Pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:12 PM

To be honest I disagree it is not immature or foolish it has information now if you don?t like that kind of info then don?t look at it.
Youre Friend
S25
===

#58 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:44 PM

There is information, and dis-information.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#59 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:47 AM

Please be advised that we have a very strict policy about HE on this forum. If you post it then you get banned, simple as. The reasoning behind this, is because in my opinion the only people who need access to HE are our government, and legit organisations, say demolition.

My interest is solely fireworks, things that make people smile.

#60 s2525

s2525

Irish Pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

Richard im a no longer involved in HE's but while i was i learned allot and allot of people are so there welcome to talk about it.And also richard i understand youre dislike for HE's so i have not and will not mention them on this forum
Youre Friend
S25
===

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users