1235 replies to this topic

#226 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:26 PM

EErrrmmm... I have made several orders from " T******R" and i have always got my orders within a day orso of my order..except once were they didnt have it in stock...

Also the first time i ordered from them they did phone me asking me what use i was putting them to...But every time i have used them they just post my order off... :) ..

Edited by sasman, 19 August 2005 - 10:27 PM.

#227 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

I ordered some stuff from them, and i got it after a week or so! So i give them a ring just to see whats wrong if anything. I never had trouble with any of my suppliers... :D

#228 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

The details on the label are misleading. I can assure you there is nothing at all wrong with their KNO3!

View Post

I will second that :D

Arghh please dont say that dreaded words! its a wonderful supplier! Not to get into the wrong hands, we may loose a vital link :). Pretty please edit it :)
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#229 pyromania

pyromania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:40 PM

How did you lot all find out about this T******R mystery chemical supplier? + what sort of chems do they sell?

#230 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

I was wondering what it is as well??? Give us a few more letters, you can add a few more lines to the hangman picture.

#231 Guest_PyromaniaMan_*

Guest_PyromaniaMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

Has it got an "A" in it?

#232 pyromania

pyromania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 11:49 PM

Think i just found a supply of 5 micron AL powder in the UK and they do lots of meshs down to 50 of MG and loads of other powders just sent of my enquiry form lol. :D Do flurochem sell to indviduals? + come on more letters please :P

#233 Chaz

Chaz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:26 AM

Still no word from them... it's now a week since they gave me a call. I think I'll be phoning them up soon.

EDIT: Excellent, they came this morning. Minus the KClO3, apparantly thats out of stock and will arrive some time soon.

Edited by Chaz, 25 August 2005 - 01:05 PM.

#234 Chaz

Chaz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

And the Potassium Chlorate finally arrived this morning. Took a while, but I'm not too bothered. I've got 200g of Lancaster Chlorate #1 red stars drying. :)

#235 curious aardvark

curious aardvark

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:02 PM

Look, what is the actual policy about suppliers names ?
There seems to be little point having all these threads about buying chemicals when almost none of them mention anywhere to buy chemicals from. The obvious exceptions being garden direct and labpac.

How about putting together a download or email only FAQ with known addresses and suppliers and their policies. It would save all these bloody mysterious posts and save fresh starters like myself no end of trouble.
Or do the powers that be (you know who you are :-) Believe that having amateur pyros contacting unsuitable or unsympathetic companies and bringing the hobby into disrepute is actually a good idea ?
How can youngsters (and sadly I feel old enough these days to use that word) learn without cheap, sensible access to quality chemicals ? Are you suggesting they nick them from school/college supply rooms - yes most of us have done it - but we shouldn't need to and it certainly shouldn't be encouraged.
This is a central part of the hobby and one that this forum deals with in a bizarre manner.
Please stick you heads together and sort this out. The secrecy behind chemical suppliers can only be bad for us all. Anyone reading through any post about suppliers will get the most definite impression that this is an interest with lots to hide.

Edited by curious aardvark, 11 September 2005 - 02:05 PM.

Do All things with Honour and generosity: Regret nothing, Envy no-one, Apologise seldom and bow your head to No Man - works for me :-)
Oh yeah and never leave home without a lighter :-)

#236 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:15 PM

The reason why people like to keep their suppliers hush hush is so that they don?t loose them. If a supplier started getting loads of orders for a particular chemical or combination of chemicals, they will soon spot this, and once they have put two and two together with some simple searching, they will realise what?s going on, a load of kids are buying dangerous chemicals and making dangerous substances with them.

Any reputable company with any sense will try and control who they sell chemicals too, because if someone was to get hurt by what they had bought, then that company is in trouble, especially if it was a child that hurt themselves. I find using the word child especially appropriate here, as you used the word youngsters in one of your sentences.

Also, a child might actually get hurt, so that company might stop selling that chemical, or worse, may end out of business. Then everyone has lost the supplier. It?s good that it?s hard to find good chemical suppliers; it protects the idiots who don?t know what they are doing. It also teaches patience, which is a virtue, especially in this hobby.

If anything, putting a big list of chemical suppliers on the internet would be quite irresponsible. I dont really see how keeping suppliers a secret is a bad thing either.

Edited by Stuart, 11 September 2005 - 02:18 PM.

#237 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:22 PM

Well said, anyway its not hard to find suppliers. Yellow pages and internet will pop up loads, just ask the supplier what you are looking for and they will either say yes or no. I hope it never gets out of hand because the supplier i use is very good to me and others. Everyone here i should think has looked long enough and found most things they need.

#238 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 02:51 PM

It's not hard to find materials. Pick up the yellow pages and ring around.

#239 completebeginner

completebeginner

Made My First Working Shell!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:51 AM

Could someone help me to find a website that sells chemicals to Canada ? I'm looking for a long time ago and I don't find anything.
Thanks alot !

View Post

kno3.com sells to canada but im not sure how much shipping is i sent them an email about it and havent gotten a reply yet

#240 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

was googling for rock types for stuff, and found this.

http://www.rocksandm...r/H1.HTM#BARIUM

baryte=barium sulphate
antomonite(alos stibnite)=antomy(sp) sulphide
Celestite=strontium sulphate

there's others there, but they are all pretty easy to get(fertilisers etc), or too expensive to buy.

Edited by fishy1, 13 September 2005 - 08:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users