+48 609 20 42 42

#482 lew

lew

Hi. Im Barry Scott!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

If he would communicate with his clients better, he would be one of the best suppliers in my opinion. His prices are quite low. The downside is that he doesn't respond to your e-mails at some moments. It's a bit strange that at first he can reply to your e-mail in a day or two, but after you paid you will get almost no answer. Though his site is being updated with a lovely santa hat and some new chems. :/

The chems are labeled correctly and come in decent plastic containers. The paper box the chems come in isn't of a good quality though, as mentioned earlier. I ordered 10 kg of kno3 along with other chems. a couple months ago, which arrived, but one of the plastic "drums" was split open a bit at the top. This isn't such a problem with kno3, but can be nasty with some more dangerous chemicals.

Also I speak Polish[u], so I wrote the e-mails in Polish to him. It's not that he can't read them :P So I have no idea what's wrong at the moment, maybe he just "forgot" about me because my order was "only" around 120 euro's. But I think a supplier should respect his customers, no matter the amount being ordered.

If you decide to order anything from him, can you please tell me if he replies to your e-mails ? If he does he just neglects me. Which would make me more sad than I already am.

Anyway, I'll try that phone number on his website again after new years eve.

Morivar

Hi Morivar.

I notice you said you speak polish. I noticed his website has been updated with the following message.

Any ideas what it means? looks like somthing to do with emails? mabey a reason why hes not anwsering?
Any help would be great!

UWAGA!
Posiadamy do oddania około 18kg sodu metalicznego. Odbiór własnym transportem z Wrocławia. Żadnych opłat.Gratis dwie platikowe beczki z hermetycznym zamknięciem. Wiecej informacji telefonicznie lub na email.

#483 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

Hi Morivar.

I notice you said you speak polish. I noticed his website has been updated with the following message.

Any ideas what it means? looks like somthing to do with emails? mabey a reason why hes not anwsering?
Any help would be great!

UWAGA!
Posiadamy do oddania około 18kg sodu metalicznego. Odbiór własnym transportem z Wrocławia. Żadnych opłat.Gratis dwie platikowe beczki z hermetycznym zamknięciem. Wiecej informacji telefonicznie lub na email.

At a rough guess. Attention: We have 18kg sodium metal for sale. Order and transport from Wroclawia. (Don't know). Thanks (Don't know). Telephone or email us for more info.

That was me guessing, and not knowing polish expect a tiny bit.

I also put it into a translator, you can guess what it means.

"NOTE! We own for allegiance 18 -kg of metal monosodium near. Receipt from wroclaw personal transport. With hermetic closure (shutdown) no two barrel opłat.Gratis platikowe. Information by phone Wiecej or on e-mail."

#484 lew

lew

Hi. Im Barry Scott!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, thanks. I got a similar translation from someone off another forum.

No luck then, I thought it might have been somthing important!

#485 Nostromo

Nostromo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:46 AM

Yeah it means that they got 18kg of sodium metal. You can get it for free when you get it with your own transport from Wroclaw. It comes in two hermetically sealed plastic drums. More information by telephone or email.

I'm going to phone him today again and ask where is my package. If he picks up the phone that is, because he not always picks it up.

#486 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

I have come across this site http://www.scichem.com/home.aspx
you will need to register (may take a few days to be approved) to see the prices which aren't that great but they do stock a wide range of chemicals that us pyro's find more difficult to get our hands on or dont want to risk ordering from places like Keten

#487 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

Also just to updte you all on my order from Keten, He sent me through a GLS tracking number which i entered into the GLS poland website and it worked and its on its way to me now. Better late than never eh....

#488 leosedf

leosedf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

I finally got my order from keten
:)

#489 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

I finally got my order from keten
:)

Cool! I'm glad all you guys are finally getting all your stuff through from Keten!

Regards,

Mike

#490 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:06 PM

Okay, this is a dumb question, and I have looked, but to no avail, who is this Keten? does he run a website or something? or did he post on the forum a while back?
Inoxia Pyrotechnics - The UK online store for chemicals and other pyrotechnics supplies

#491 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Its here Steve :D

http://www.keten.org.pl/

He did post a while back, haven't looked but i'm very sure he did.

Edited by karlfoxman, 12 March 2007 - 09:14 PM.

#492 Nostromo

Nostromo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

He said he sent my order on thursday the 1st through GLS, I did not recieve a tracking number and I have not seen any package arriving.. :/ Oh well, I'll wait a little longer.

#493 lew

lew

Hi. Im Barry Scott!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

After phoning him about 10 times, i finaly spoke to him last friday. His english is not great, but he told me that he did not know what had happened to my order and he would track it an send me an email on monday (last monday)

Its wednesday now, and still nothing.

I feel like im banging my head against a brick wall. I realy dont think i'll be ordering from him again. Prices are OK, but not at all reliable.

#494 Asteroid

Asteroid

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:10 PM

http://www.apsingredients.com/
these guys sell, amongst other things potassium benzoate, I haven't enquired about prices but if you can't get it anywhere else

#495 treefingers

treefingers

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:31 PM

Just to let you guys know hobbychem finally have thier new stock through including 'ammonium perchlorate' amoung other things. I've just spent far too much money.
There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users