#871 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

and a lawyer?

I just had the privilege of working somewhere that enabled me to learn the ins and outs of what should be the process in cases like this. Unfortunately the ideal hardly never makes it to the ground!

One other interesting thing was that all the "Finds" of reasonable merit were all reported on a monthly basis internally. Without going into specifics, it is shocking have many IEDs get found every month; a regular supply of well over 20 per month, and these were the ones worth writing about. Upon reflection of this it would not surprise me if there were a 1000 trekkie's out there (just in light of the 'start with flash it's simple' common misconception) getting their fingers burnt.

Still on the subject though, i can see why people jump in at the deep end with this. The reason is that 'flash' is so damn simple to make that doesn't require any apparatus, with the exception of a pair of scales.
Being only a begineer, i know i shouldn't be saying this but in this hobby, you have to start somewhere

trekkie does have a very valid point here. With all the dodge web sites out there it is far from difficult to become disillusioned as to the "simpleness" (along with a very false sense of safety) of flash powder. Wide spread education is the key here. Once the UKPS has found it's path along the lobbying route, being in a defensible position a more outreaching approach could be taken to catch newbies before they end up on dodge web sites. But without support (hint hint, become a member everyone) the UKPS will not be able to grow into all of our expectations.

#872 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hello, I'm looking for a source of Paulownia Charcoal to be sent to Canada.

Edited by MDH, 02 October 2007 - 07:39 AM.

#873 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

I also WTB some charcoal, either willow, alder or balsa. I am in the US however.

#874 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:22 AM

I also WTB some charcoal, either willow, alder or balsa. I am in the US however.

There is some guy that sells it by the pound, ill try find the site

EDIT: http://www.customcha...p-charcoal.html

Edited by marble, 09 October 2007 - 02:24 AM.

#875 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:25 AM

I know about that site, however I think he gave me a quote of like $80 just for shipping.

#876 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:42 AM

Why on earth would anybody need to charge that much?

Honestly, I'd be better off still buying pieces of balsa at $3.00 for near 25-30 grams (considering I only make 100 grams max at a time)...

Although I'll keep looking around. So far skylighter has told me they won't ship charcoal to internationally. Because we all know how terrorising charcoal is.

#877 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:45 AM

I know about that site, however I think he gave me a quote of like $80 just for shipping.

If your not in the US then your out of luck, best to make your own.

#878 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:02 AM

Jaja lol. I have had charcoal shipped to me via parcel post in properly labeled boxes before for about $8. However custom charcoal wants to use UPS ground so yeah lol.

#879 leosedf

leosedf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:26 AM

This saturday i made white poplar charcoal for BP. Very reactive stuff, i made about 3-3,5kg's of it. Here you can see some pics http://rapidshare.co...24/charcoal.zip

#880 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:39 AM

Finally got around to making some coconut charcoal. It has the consistency of balsa bp, cant even be moved without creating a huge cloud. Milling my first batch of bp with it now. Problem is 1 medium coconut gave me about 150-200g of good well coked charcoal.

#881 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:36 AM

Just tried some of the Bp after milling for 12 hours. OMG lol no comparison even with my bp made with commercial airfloat after milling for 5 days lol. My monitor is broken, using my grandpas PC will post a video as soon as my new one arrives(officemax bl0ws lol).

#882 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:48 AM

Are you saying it's good or bad?

#883 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

coconuts make shit charcoal so im going to assume its bad :)

#884 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:47 PM

Its good.

#885 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members