• Please log in to reply
1235 replies to this topic

#901 alex000

alex000

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

I'm looking for 300g to 500g of Strontium nitrate a supplier that posts to the U.K,, any help much appreciated.

#902 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:49 PM

I'm looking for 300g to 500g of Strontium nitrate a supplier that posts to the U.K,, any help much appreciated.

This guy on Ebay is reliable for fireworks chems and does custom orders if you ask:

http://search.ebay.c.../_W0QQsassZb1dz

As with all new suppliers, it helps to say upfront how you will be using your order, just in case they have any concerns.

Edited by BrightStar, 19 October 2007 - 08:01 PM.

#903 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

Has anyone tried that Titanium sponge from that ebay seller...is 20 to 50 mesh to coarse? he mentions you can easliy mill it?..I thought Ti was hard to grind?..

#904 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:09 PM

I bought some and can confirm its fantastic stuff. Very long white tails with some branching used as it was from the bag.

#905 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:57 PM

Bit annoyed that keten can ship magnesium and flake aluminum to me but not perchlorate :(

They won't ship them simultaneously because of the worries that someone could be making flash powder with them.

Alex, I could only find this fellow so far...

barium / strontium nitrate

Edited by MDH, 19 October 2007 - 09:59 PM.

#906 RangerOfFire

RangerOfFire

Snap, crackle, pop

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

I've used him before and although I havn't used any of the strontium nitrate yet I can confirm it did arrive fast and packaged well enough.
>> Status: General Testing

#907 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm really in need of Chlorine donors, Cheap Parlon in the 500g.-1kg range Dechlorane especially and Chlorowax.
If anyone knows of U.K. sources of any of the above {Bar Inoxia for the Parlon} PLEASE let me know.

Regards and thanks,

Mike

#908 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:25 AM

They won't ship them simultaneously because of the worries that someone could be making flash powder with them.

Seems fair enough, but seeing as the shipping is kinda high making separate orders will kill me.

I purchased some stuff of that ebay seller a while ago and it turned up fine here

Edited by marble, 20 October 2007 - 01:27 AM.

#909 alex000

alex000

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:57 PM

Alex, I could only find this fellow so far...

barium / strontium nitrate

Thank's MHD and bright Star, I did know about this seller but just wondered if there were any more out there as i allready have Barium, if nothing pops up in the coming week, i guess i'll buy from him.....

#910 Gazza

Gazza

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:12 PM

Unless the equivalent of Skylighter opens in the UK, it is not gonna be that easy to obtain strontium or barium nitrates. Barium nitrate is even more difficult to obtain, since it is a listed poison under the Poisons Act. However; barium and strontium carbonates are easier to obtain- they are sold as raw chemicals by most ceramics suppliers. It is not that difficult to make the corresponding nitrates from the carbonates, but you obviously need to implement effective safety precautions to minimise the risk of any chemical accidents.

#911 RangerOfFire

RangerOfFire

Snap, crackle, pop

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:33 PM

Hobbychem used to stock it but now they only stock 5 items...
>> Status: General Testing

#912 W.P

W.P

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:30 AM

Hobbychem used to stock a lot of chems, I think they got investigated by the police and were forced to remove some of their goods.

#913 Farnet

Farnet

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:07 PM

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've been on this site (work is just eating away my social time, ohhh to win the lottery).

Just a quick question.

I thought I'd get into the BP stuff again and have spent a LOT of time making balsa charcoal (which I have to say is rather dirty stuff as it basically acts like a liquid once powdered, and my wife has had a rather large sense of humour failure after discovering the kitchen and the vacuum cleaner black after a little accident containerising it).

Well, basically I had completely run out of KN03 and a couple of other bits, so I order a serious amount from Inoxia over the weekend and have 2 stages of worry now.

firstly is he still in limbo (just been reading this post and saw his message about 3 months ago), as I've been trying to contact him over the last 3 days and not heard anything from him either phone or email.

Secondly, as I ordered things like KN03 (think it was about 6kg), fine iron, iron oxide, etc (decided to stock up), I'm a bit worried about the to guy earlier getting raided. This has only popped into my head since read the previous posts, but I have never ordered from this guy before and am now worried about that too.

Am I becoming Mr paranoid?.

BTW, I will post on the other threads about my success on Balsa BP if all goes well after all this, I don't have a ball mill yet (trying to see if I can scrounge a broken HP laserjet printer and canibalise the rollers and motor this week, think the parts should be perfect), so should I be expecting a decent whoomph by using just a pestle and mortar to do the grinding etc. cant wait got about 1/2 litre in volume of charcoal (probably about 3 grammes in real money) and want to play.

Farnet
Everything is poisonous if taken in the extreme.

Take time for example, have too much of it and you will eventually die....

#914 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:10 PM

I can safely say you are being paranoid yes.

As for getting a reply, he is around and settled now, try phoning at 6pm-7pm, that usually works. But don't tell him I said that.

#915 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:18 PM

I think you will be okay as long as you are not ordering tons of ingredients for flash. If someone ordered indian dark, perchlorate, antinomy trisulfide and sulphur at once then added a ton of tubes and fuse you'd probably be investigated. Even then...

Good luck on the balsa powder. And be very careful with it. Optimum balsa powder can move down a 20 foot trail in a few seconds or less. Even in small amounts it can make a pretty impressive sound (in crimped paper containers).

-MDH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users