• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 robert johnson

robert johnson

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:01 PM

I am tring to find some Army links I had before that shows a human body in about 200 pieces each piece not bigger than 3 or 4" and with half the skull missing and no Cranium the poor bloke was only messing about with a pipe boom and it accidently went off. Or another guy with a piece of scaffold tube in through the neck and out through the back of the skull needless to say neither of these guys made it .the pity was these guys only had interest in making fireworks and not b**bs.
Any way the other more commonly known name for Pot chlorate and Phosphourous is known as Bride of Frankenstein.

#32 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:27 PM

is that just an example of what will happen if you mess with dangerous compositions or did you actualy stumble accross that site?dont know how they would find all those pieces of someone like. thats pretty sick, i stick with paper tubes now:)

#33 yanhua

yanhua

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:49 PM

Glycerine is
1,2,3-propanetriol

Yanhua

#34 yanhua

yanhua

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 07:56 PM

1lb of flash powder... goes BANG

BUT...

What makes you think it detonates?

everyones heard the famous "Detonation is the propogation of a supersonic shockwave through a composition with a chemical reaction following..."

Having studied the 2 main chemical reaction mechanisms some time back, and being told "detonation" was another... it's been a while so I can't remember most of it.

I am however, not convinced that ANY flash powder detonates in small quanity, I believe it might in a larger quantity, but when do you say "yep" detonation.

Yanhua

#35 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 08:21 PM

what i am trying to say is if u put 30 pyro mad people in a room and said the magic words will flash powder detonate after an hour 30 would crawl out of that room black and blue and still ripping there hair out.i came out with the word detonate to see what would happen.all i can say on that is look at the replies....it worked

#36 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:03 PM

Nothing wrong with provoking a serious discussion (turning into a brawl). Honestly though, according to a report by Shimizu flash powder can be detonated if initiated with a cap.

Also, I think what Pan was describing is a type of gelegnite?

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by adamw]

#37 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 09:23 PM

hi adam herd alot about you.(all good by the way) have a word with richard he knows me boss very well.like i said its a small world.yes i agree flash can be detonated the way i put it was for a responce and i got it he he.but i must admit some boffins say treat it as high order and some say treat it as low order.me thinks that little test they done for transport of dangerous goods did some dammage.do u know about the test im on about?.it was the one where they set of 3 cases of 65mm maroon shells.they wired 1 shell to go and the whole lot detonated.i would pull my hair out if i had any ha ha.

#38 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 10:52 PM

I ain't brave enough to make 1 gram of the stuff. Unfortunetely no one thought to mention it needs to be in a WET state to be mixed. Perhaps it was a given. Mr. Honcho is correct when he sez DONT MESS WITH IT! The bride of Frankenstien= when red phos. met Mr Chlorate. YIKES!

Mr Johnson,
I missed your mention of frankenstien some how. Sorry. My goodness, ain't it the truth though.

[Edited on 28-5-2003 by bernie briden]

#39 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 12:07 AM

I expect 1 gram of armstrong going off would be a change your pants time experience.

#40 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 05:16 AM

yes bernie i would not call myself brave if i made that stuff the word stupid comes to mind.i should not of come out with that formula coz knowing my luck some berk will try it.

#41 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 09:52 PM

anyone stupid enough to try that deserves whatever happens to them anyway for being that plain stupid, and from what you have said it sound like the stupid individual will get their life taken away.

#42 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

well nuff said on the armstrong thing.now then can anyone remember the old standard 3-2-1-0 banger?.in my younger days i was a sod for striping down fireworks mixing powders 2 see which one went bang the loudest.then 1 day i took an air charge apart took the flash out the unit and put it in the banger.my mates at the time could not understand why my bangers was so loud.to this day they still talk about it he he what a con.i have got a lot of respect out of it and it keeps the bullies away.....sorted

#43 leniol

leniol

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 11:43 AM

If anyone wants a demo. of what happens when pot chlorate is mixed with sulphur or similar, I suggest you try mixing a (minute!!!!!) pinch of each & tap it with a hammer. The report is impressive bearing in mind ur using about 1/4 tsp full.

#44 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 01:51 PM

no no no i think we will leave the demos to mr armstrong he knows what he is doing and like my fingers where they are he he.

#45 Guest_RHAdmin_*

Guest_RHAdmin_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:06 PM

I believe the KClO3/ sulphur test is recommended on the skylighter site as a way of scaring the pants off anyone who might consider ramming such a formula in a tube....... Ouch!:o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users