48 replies to this topic

#31 Blackpowder

Blackpowder

Blackpowder

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:48 PM

Comments from the Manchester Evening News feedback page on the story that Manchester City Council did not supply any fireworks on NYE to the dissapointment of many people:

Why does Manchester City Council need to provide it? There are many shops selling fireworks around new year anyway;I bought and set off a load of giant Cat3 25m rockets/cakes/mines/barrages where I lived and people all around appreciated it, a full 30min aerial display!!!
Anthony, Accrington,Lancashire
03/01/2006 at 13:10

No Battle pieces there mate..............

#32 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

We shouldn't laugh too much :D

#33 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:28 PM

Well, Anthony.. we've given up mate, and can only assume one thing!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#34 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:52 PM

This is very disheartening. One has to wonder what many of his other "reviews" are based on.

Anthony, cant you reply to the thread & explain yourself at least?

#35 Ingham Fireworks

Ingham Fireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

This is very disheartening. One has to wonder what many of his other "reviews" are based on.

Anthony, cant you reply to the thread & explain yourself at least?

Has "Anthony" been logged into UK Rocketry recently? I haven?t seen many topics or replies lately. :o

I received a PM from him on; Dec 15 2005, 02:29 PM explaining he'd open the packages after Christmas it's now 7th January 2006 it make's you wonder.

Anthony, Just speak to us and let us know whether this is true or NOT!
No one's angry at you we'd just like to know the truth. :)
DJ Fused - YOUR RESIDENT DJ!
Hear My Tunes Go BOOM!!

#36 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 03:26 PM

No one's angry at you we'd just like to know the truth. :)

Yes no-one is angry...
We.. well 'I' am/would be very confused why someone would lie about such a thing? What do you gane from it? :huh: ;)
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#37 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

Well, he was last logged in here on the 5th of Janruary so he has had the ability to post here. He is obvioulsy choosing not to at the moment. Which to me makes it even more suspicious.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#38 Ingham Fireworks

Ingham Fireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

Well I'd really like to see the pictures to be honest. Obviously this topic has been a waste of time.

I've sent Sandling Fireworks an eMail with the URL to this topic. Hopefully they will put our minds to rest. :)

Edited by Ingham Fireworks, 07 January 2006 - 04:47 PM.

DJ Fused - YOUR RESIDENT DJ!
Hear My Tunes Go BOOM!!

#39 spykke

spykke

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:27 AM

ROFL.

Friend Anthony has a long standing reputation at a number of forums such as the EIG, UK Firework review and Noel Tobin's firework site. I would add, not a good reputation. Enough said.

#40 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 12:16 PM

OK Guys. I think it's time to stop striking out at Anthony. There is nothing to be gained by this, and it frankly cheapens us all.

This subject is entitled battle pieces. Any discussion of battle pieces is welcomed. No more sniping please.

#41 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:45 PM

I didn't have time to photo them on New Year's Eve and when I set them off, they didn't go off;all that happened was that the fuse ignited but the lancework/flashreport candles didn't. But I DID let off a load of other Cat3 25m display fireworks so that made up for it considerably. I left the battle pieces for an hour then chopped the wood frames up, put the flashreport candles and lances in water for 48hours and disposed of them safely. :D

#42 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:50 PM

I didn't have time to photo them on New Year's Eve and when I set them off, they didn't go off;all that happened was that the fuse ignited but the lancework/flashreport candles didn't. But I DID let off a load of other Cat3 25m display fireworks so that made up for it considerably. I left the battle pieces for an hour then chopped the wood frames up, put the flashreport candles and lances in water for 48hours and disposed of them safely. :D

All that lit, on a set piece costing hundreds, was the fuse?!! After waiting a safe length of time, the FIRST thing I would have done is photograph the piece, as proof to the supplier that it didn't fire properly!
I assume you complained to the supplier, after you had chopped it into tiny pieces?
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#43 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

Nice to see you back Anthony, but yeah why chop it up. Could have sold the frame to me for re building!! :D

#44 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

Let me get this straight - you're saying both the biplanes, and tank and gun battle set-pieces didn't light?

Did both fuses fail to ignite the quickmatch, or did the quickmatch go, but fail to ignite every single lance/candle?

Both situations sound equally implausible to me...

#45 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

i really belive that.

so the fuse failed, why didn't you complain?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users