48 replies to this topic

#46 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:07 AM

I didn't have time to photo them on New Year's Eve and when I set them off, they didn't go off;all that happened was that the fuse ignited but the lancework/flashreport candles didn't. But I DID let off a load of other Cat3 25m display fireworks so that made up for it considerably. I left the battle pieces for an hour then chopped the wood frames up, put the flashreport candles and lances in water for 48hours and disposed of them safely. :D

You *what* ? You do know, that perchlorate being almost insoluble in cold water, and aluminum being totally insoluble, that wetting devices like that does nothing to make them "safe". If they dry out, it's flash city again.

Why not use the lance ? For that matter a lot of lance comps become very *unsafe* in water.... you better go make sure those things are not in a landfill or trash someplace... You should have burnt them. Did you consider the possiblility that wetting some compositions can lead to spontaneous combustion ?

What you did was very foolish. OK, I'll say it... stupid even, dangerous and clueless. Go call your local hazardous waste responders and tell them where you've put these, before you kill the hobby a little bit more...

Unless it was all a load of crap and you made all this up.
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#47 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:06 AM

Unless it was all a load of crap and you made all this up.

You know what - I think you may just be onto something there Frozentech.
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#48 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

never! unless, of course, the flash was NaCLO3/Al, which is probably what he'll tell us next.

#49 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:23 AM

OK, enough!

It's obvious that the whole thing is utter fiction... and I must say the 'it didn't ignite so I had to chop it up' excuse is as poor as they come.

Thread closed!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users