79 replies to this topic

#31 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

DOH! Next time I add Charcoal to my bp I will take careful note of how much I add. I slowed the mix down a little, or perhaps too much. The rocket kinda sat there like a pretty upside down fountain. The good news, the header worked. The stars lit and the shell broke amost perfectly symetrical. Woot! Now I am on a quest to speed the bp up once more. I figure if I speed up the bp and trim my spindle my problems will be no more.

it'll be easier if you perfect rockets first, and THEN add headers. your hearder may just be too big and your rocket might be ok.

#32 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 08:59 PM

This is just a general observation - fishy1: You dont ever write very much do you? No wonder why you got so many posts <_<

#33 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:24 PM

i may not always write large amounts in posts, it's called getting to the point.

and so what about posting alot? as long as these posts are worthwhile, there's no harm in it.

#34 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

i may not always write large amounts in posts, it's called getting to the point.

and so what about posting alot? as long as these posts are worthwhile, there's no harm in it.

Your posts don't get to the point though, you just repeat what someone has said before you most of the time hence making them not worthwhile.

Edited by sizzle, 07 January 2006 - 09:30 PM.

Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#35 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:42 PM

Your posts don't get to the point though, you just repeat what someone has said before you most of the time hence making them not worthwhile.

i disagree. for example, the post in this thread that i made, had not been mentioned in this thread before. he asked a question.

#36 Damp Squib

Damp Squib

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

Well I totally agree with fishy,kablooy's header may be too heavy for the rocket motor,this is a recently modified untested motor,kablooy may speed up his propellant and the rocket CATO again when all that was required was a lighter payload

A worthwhile post IMHO :)

EDIT: Also a wasted header

Edited by Damp Squib, 07 January 2006 - 11:24 PM.

Avatar pic 8mm ID Nano3 based end burner motor

#37 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:50 PM

i disagree. for example, the post in this thread that i made, had not been mentioned in this thread before. he asked a question.

Really? well in the Ball Milling Potassium Chlorate post Karlfoxman had already stated clearly that it was unsafe and yet you still posted this:

not safe, not safe at all.

Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#38 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

Really? well in the Ball Milling Potassium Chlorate post Karlfoxman had already stated clearly that it was unsafe and yet you still posted this:

It makes sence to me that you may think his posts are time wasting and un usefull, but im not getting involved :)

#39 koobee

koobee

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:21 AM

I was using a 2" shell on an 8oz bp rocket. I am sure it wasn't too heavy as I can lift 4" shells with ease. Yeah Fishy I think you may have just taken what sizzle said wrong. I am sensing some hostility. Just be careful with what you all say because we can't here the tone of what is being said. Cool?
"If the splodey goes fast, won't it get all bad?"-Gir

#40 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:38 AM

I was using a 2" shell on an 8oz bp rocket. I am sure it wasn't too heavy as I can lift 4" shells with ease. Yeah Fishy I think you may have just taken what sizzle said wrong. I am sensing some hostility. Just be careful with what you all say because we can't here the tone of what is being said. Cool?

yeah, it's cool.

#41 Themolehole_9876

Themolehole_9876

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

Okay... now that everything has settled down :P I have milled my bp, turned it to lift and its lifting the star higher but like a max of 30cm up... practically nothing at all. i dont understand why!! :angry: any ideas??

#42 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:07 PM

Does the star continue to burn on it's way down?

Sounds like your stars could do with being a little bit bigger or your lift needs to be faster.

#43 completebeginner

completebeginner

Made My First Working Shell!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:07 PM

what kind of wood are you using for you charcoal?

#44 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

Try Willow for charcoal, or airfloat.

#45 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

when you have a pile of it on the ground and it lights, does it fizz or does it go whump?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users