• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 10:35 AM

Endorse the sentiment that it's not a good idea to order obvious combinations together - we don't want to loose a valuable resource.

On the other hand, firms are in business to make money and if you are not too blatent they are mostly happy to take your cash!!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#17 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 03:44 PM

How good a quality is the Charcoal from GD, isnt making your own better

#18 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 04:19 PM

I think the goverment know what we are doing and are watching the forum. The only reason why they don't arrest us is because they see that we are being responsible. However, if they get a complaint then they will get involved IMHO.

Stuart

I always wonder this, and I BET some members are police/HSE officials
:Message Delivered By Zanes:

All your base are belong to us

:/Message delivered by Zanes:

#19 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 05:48 PM

I seriously hope anyone watching this forum hasn't a clue who I am.

#20 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 08:46 PM

I bet everyone has that thought in the back of their mind, but dont be paranoid. There is a large liklihood that such forums are the focus of the police / other government agencies attentions, and fair game - we know that we arent meaning to do any harm, and I'm sure they know the difference between a hobbyist and a terrorist.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#21 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 08:46 AM

Bet some Police and HSE people like pyro too, never know, one of us could be one?!?!?!? :ph34r: ,Adam

Stuart

#22 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, you never know! I bet a good percentage of the people who work in the explosives / HID sectors of the HSE are into something knarly, but they still have to uphold the law. They are a nice bunch of people. Basically, the way of thinking about it is that the HSE are only interested in your safety, unlike the police, who only want to see you behind bars for being the danger that you are...
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#23 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 01:35 PM

Got a big bag of kn03 from garden direct. It says Krista-K plus, superior soluble potassium nitrate 13.7-0-46.3

Does anyone know if this is better or worse than 13-0-46?

I notice on Haifa chemicals web site there are lots of different types???

Will try to make a batch of bp soon and let you know if its any good! I hope so as 25kg is a lot of strawberrys!

#24 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 02:31 PM

Got a big bag of kn03 from garden direct. It says Krista-K plus, superior soluble potassium nitrate 13.7-0-46.3

Does anyone know if this is better or worse than 13-0-46?

I notice on Haifa chemicals web site there are lots of different types???

Will try to make a batch of bp soon and let you know if its any good! I hope so as 25kg is a lot of strawberrys!

Both are about the same.

13.7-0-46.3 means 13.7% nitrate, and 46.3% potassium, where the real thing should be around ~13.0 nitrate and ~46.5 potassium. The differences are so minuscule that it should not have a notable difference on the performance of your BP.

BigG

P.S. Haifa chemicals make the best garden potassium nitrate in the world :) The difference is mainly in the shape of the particles and the 0.5% of impurities added. Those effect the rate in which the potassium nitrate being observed into the soil.

From personal experience I can say the stuff is great for strawberries. Had a few kilos this year .

#25 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 05:27 PM

my potassium nitrate makes some small cristals of whight stuff from garden direct it says potassium nitrate no oxidizing signe thoe and no case nu: kno3 and it says it contains 13% nitrigen potassium oxide (K2O) and then some things telling you about it and it is in a plain bag from chempak they said it were technical grade and anaylises showed that it contianed 10 - 46 - 10.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#26 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 06:30 PM

10-46-10 is not potassium Nitrate ? Period. You must ask for something that is around 13-0-46.

If you want I can have a look at my garden chart and tell you what vegtables this fertilizer is good for, but it has no use in pyro.

#27 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 07:05 PM

thanks big maby he hasent got a clue of what he is talking about. My potassium nitrate says on the bag nitrogen (N) 13%
potassium oxide(K2O)
soluble in water 46% (K 38.2&)
is that all right.

#28 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 07:35 PM

thanks big maby he hasent got a clue of what he is talking about. My potassium nitrate says on the bag nitrogen (N) 13%
potassium oxide(K2O)
soluble in water 46% (K 38.2&)
is that all right.

It should contain only potassium and nitrate. Maybe up to 1% of other things, but no more. Analize need to show around 13-0-46.

#29 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 08:23 PM

so in the last message i showed what it had on my potassium nitrate bage is that info corect or is it crap stuff i got this from garden direct in a plain bage with wight powder which is potassium nitrate suposingly it works in black powder and it just melts when put on its own other a fire and disolves in water in the previus message i sed the amount of nitrigen and potassium oxide thanks. bigG

#30 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2003 - 09:38 AM

Hi,

I happen to have a trade account with Chempak and so I get can KNO3 for about ?25 a 25kg bag and sulphur powder for about ?30 a 25kg sack (ex. VAT). If anyone is interested I'm sure we could come to an arrangement because the minimum order price is ?100. The only prob would be trying to get them to deliver the stuff individually, but I suppose if you wanted under 10kg I could split it up and send it on myself.

P.S. The Potassium nitrate they sell is Potassium nitrate. I use it for all my pyro and it is pretty pure. The 13-0-46 is the molecular ratio in relation to the chemicals use as a fertilizer and is rarley very accurate and so should not be taken that seriously.

Tris :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users