• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

It would be nice if we could get the ball rolling,now that you are well placed phil,i am looking forward to what the UKPS commitee's thoughts are on this.

Well I can certainly ask if this can be an agenda item in the near future...

The next meeting is in a couple of weeks, as quite a few people (including me) will be on holiday next week.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#92 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

Well I can certainly ask if this can be an agenda item in the near future...

That would be good.

#93 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

The committee had some preliminary discussions on this tonight.

They are considering forming a 'documentation committee' and will be contacting those who have expressed an interest.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#94 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

Could you outline what exactly this new committee is out to achieve and some of the things you expect it to do Phill? All in all sounds good and hopefully we can get somewhere with the HSE and in time we can get our self's exempted or better yet a cheaper license.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#95 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

Hi Pyrotechnist,

Well the exact remit for the new committee will be up to the main committee(!) I'm only reporting back here.

But as I understand it, it will be to prepare templates, as outlined by Spectrum, that could be used by any Pyro as part of their application to the HSE. I expect it would also liase with the HSE to ensure that the wording met with their approval etc. This could also be the start of negotiations with HSE to find common ground on possible exemptions for small scale pyro.

The committee approach is so that any documents produced would carry the weight of the society as whole, rather than just that of an individual.

I think it would be best to wait until the main committee make an announcement about this rather than 'second-guessing' too much. I'm hopefull that such an announcement will be made within the next couple of weeks...
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users