46 replies to this topic

#31 YT2095

YT2095

The Resourceful One.

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:19 PM

as a Scientist, I`m in the "There`s no such thing as ghosts" camp and a firm believer in Occam`s Razor.
"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom" - Death

#32 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:27 PM

as a Scientist, I`m in the "There`s no such thing as ghosts" camp and a firm believer in Occam`s Razor.

Humm, there are some scientific explainations for "ghosts" although of course they don't prove that they are spirits of the dead! The idea of natural recording is perhaps the most compelling.

Occam's Razor, to put it in a very simple way, basically says there is no need to go looking for unlikley explainations, where a perfectly likely one exists. Sort of. The problem is that princliple can be used (often, it has to be said, correctly) to dismiss ghost stories etc by simply claiming the person who is telling them is lying.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#33 YT2095

YT2095

The Resourceful One.

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

"Lying" is a bit harsh (although in some instances it`s perfectly correct) "Misinterpreting data" is a much better term I think ;)
"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom" - Death

#34 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

as a qualified clinical hypnotherapist......i do past life regression with clients.

not always scary...but ALWAYS interesting.

#35 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

you dont have to wonder if a politician is telling lies or not ,all you do is watch for lip movement - if the lips are moving then its a lie being told!!!
protodezine@gmail.com

#36 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:41 PM

garbage appearing on computer screens often happens if you move a chair generating static electricity if the computer happens to have a capacitive key board they are static sensitive .you would have to strip the keyboard to look what type of key switches it has. and dont shuffle or wear silk knickers when typing as it generates static electricity
protodezine@gmail.com

#37 rr22

rr22

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:25 AM

"don't shuffle or wear silk knickers when typing"

Spoilsport.

#38 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

yeah, thats my daily routine messed up now !!!!!

perhaps cotton will provide a decent alternative !!!!!

#39 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:56 PM

"haunted clock".. as well as pyro i like horology and indeed have a few clocks dotted about the house, but the most interesting is a Georgian oak long-case with automation( a blacksmith hammering an anvil) dated1789 i purchased it a while back and it ran rather well up to about three months ago.

but every Friday night theres a strange banging, heavy thud from inside the case like the weights are dropping its definitely not next door making noise ect as its in my small front room and im sat next to it. on inspection the weights haven't dropped moved ect this happen every Friday about 8.20-8.40pm its just none it again so i thought id post, ho and last week i was in the garage messing about when my nearest and dearest came out with a pale face and said that something was turning inside the clock again about the same time 8 ish.

nothing strange about an old clock making noise's! well yes there is because the thing hasnt been wound up for three months! its not working! i think "sombody" is poping in to check on it :)

#40 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:27 PM

you dont have to wonder if a politician is telling lies or not ,all you do is watch for lip movement - if the lips are moving then its a lie being told!!!

ha ha ha.

as it happens...i have training to tell when people are lying.

well....more like when people are regressing to past experiences, and when people are creating images.

works a treat in every day life.

shame it doesnt work over an internet forum !!!!!!!

As for general belief.

I believe in what goes around comes around.

simple...if i help you...at some point in life, someone will help me.
if im nice to you, at some point in life, someone will be nice to me
if i give to you, at some point in life, someone will give to me.

AND IF I PUT A POUND ON THE LOTTERY, I will not win......14 MILLION TO ONE.

Edited by wjames, 17 October 2008 - 08:56 PM.

#41 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

"haunted clock".. as well as pyro i like horology and indeed have a few clocks dotted about the house, but the most interesting is a Georgian oak long-case with automation( a blacksmith hammering an anvil) dated1789 i purchased it a while back and it ran rather well up to about three months ago.

but every Friday night theres a strange banging, heavy thud from inside the case like the weights are dropping its definitely not next door making noise ect as its in my small front room and im sat next to it. on inspection the weights haven't dropped moved ect this happen every Friday about 8.20-8.40pm its just none it again so i thought id post, ho and last week i was in the garage messing about when my nearest and dearest came out with a pale face and said that something was turning inside the clock again about the same time 8 ish.

nothing strange about an old clock making noise's! well yes there is because the thing hasnt been wound up for three months! its not working! i think "sombody" is poping in to check on it :)

Humm, very spooky. Maybe try to get some video footage? Could be a mechanical thing, especially if it is regular?

#42 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

mechanical......unfortunatly clocks dont know what day it is !!!!!!!!

is it next to a radiator ?

#43 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:12 PM

yes spooky indeed, ive heard the noise before and thought nothing of it thinking that it was just movement of an old case caused by heat expansion etc, but its not a creaking noise more mechanical like the weights hitting the side, it dawned on me that this was happening on a Friday night about the same time every week and i dived over and opened the case seconds after to see.. well nothing if the weights had indeed dropped they would still be moving from side to side. its put the wind up me i can tell you and i like to watch it now from the corner of my eye ^_^ just in case.
maybe its "recording" of a catastrophic accident in the clocks life the floor of the clock is missing indicating the weights have fallen/ smashed it sometime its history, its bloody old! wonder where its been/ seen in its time?
heres the beasty Posted Image

#44 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 03:28 PM

Bumping and banging noises are often poltergeist related. Or, indeed, it COULD be something mechanical? Its not usual that an object "records" the past , although it is possible- and it usually is an image, like an old video (of eg a phantom nun), that is recored- not a sound. Maybe try and film it on a Firday night- but like the best trained dogs, these things don't tend to "perform" on demand.

#45 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:04 PM

its the bit where you told me its roughly the same time, on the same day.....

somethings not right.

has it always sat there ????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users