• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 bluetac

bluetac

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:11 PM

Watching some of Epics videos of fireworks it looks like they are firing two or more at a time, has anyone else noticed this? If they are its a bit misleading.

#2 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Watching some of Epics videos of fireworks it looks like they are firing two or more at a time, has anyone else noticed this? If they are its a bit misleading.

some of the videos they have 2 or 3 items being fired and 1 even has 6 i think , i believe most are named as using multiples though im not 100% on that , there isnt many filmed like that and anyone shown those vids in the shop are made aware of the fact

lots of fireworks are better fired in pairs or even 4s , try 4 screaming spiders fired at once back to back for example best cat3 60 secs you will see LOL

ive seen at least 1 other well known firework sites/shops do the same and 1 even had 3 inch shells in the video of the cat3 cake they were using the vid to sell

#3 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:51 PM

I do think its a shame when companies use videos that show multiple items being fired at the same time. It's not something that happens by mistake, if a company doesn't have video footage that is a fair representation of what they are selling then they shouldn't use any footage, using video of multiple items and/or with additional fireworks being used at the same time is definately misleading.

Edited by Starsky72, 09 November 2008 - 10:52 PM.

#4 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

If you notice the ones on epics site are mainly all Brothers that are being fired in more than 1's, videos obviously either supplied by brothers or filmed at an event they did.

The other stuff on the website is all singles, youtube's epic page has a few where theirs multiples but they are labelled.

#5 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

The Brothers stuff where you can hear "Rocky" music in the background is from a Brothers promotional DVD, filmed at a demo evening in Huddersfield in 2006. Its a great video if you see it in full, too- shows the crowd turning up, and the fireworks being fired in order- the music works well. They do a massive finale in which they basically let off everything from the range!

Edited by David, 10 November 2008 - 12:49 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#6 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 04:00 AM

If you notice the ones on epics site are mainly all Brothers that are being fired in more than 1's, videos obviously either supplied by brothers or filmed at an event they did.

The other stuff on the website is all singles, youtube's epic page has a few where theirs multiples but they are labelled.

yeah I appreciate that however a retailer could still fire/film a single item rather than just using a misleading clip because they happen to have it :)

#7 Bri

Bri

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:53 AM

yeah I appreciate that however a retailer could still fire/film a single item rather than just using a misleading clip because they happen to have it :)

I always thought the point of companies having these videos was to show you what is capable if you fire your fireworks in pairs / combinations etc so that you can get a better idea of what it will look like.
I.e. the Brothers choice video ( i would find it difficult to imagine what there 4 cakes would look like all being fired together if i could only see one being fired at a time)

As long as companies make it aware what exactly is being shown on the video (i.e. number being fired at once etc) then i dont see what the problem is.

As for Epic if you check out there you tube channel then you can see what most, if not all, of there fireworks look like being fired alone.

#8 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:58 AM

I always thought the point of companies having these videos was to show you what is capable if you fire your fireworks in pairs / combinations etc so that you can get a better idea of what it will look like.
I.e. the Brothers choice video ( i would find it difficult to imagine what there 4 cakes would look like all being fired together if i could only see one being fired at a time)

As long as companies make it aware what exactly is being shown on the video (i.e. number being fired at once etc) then i dont see what the problem is.

As for Epic if you check out there you tube channel then you can see what most, if not all, of there fireworks look like being fired alone.

Each to their own I guess, but in my experience the majority of people who buy fireworks don't buy them in pairs and as such like to see a fair representation of what they can expect from what they are buying.

#9 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 12:54 PM

Each to their own I guess, but in my experience the majority of people who buy fireworks don't buy them in pairs and as such like to see a fair representation of what they can expect from what they are buying.

i think you would be surprised to learn just how many people bought 2 fire ones to use as finales after seeing that video

#10 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:03 PM

lol, perhaps I am missing a trick then....

#11 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:15 PM

Each to their own I guess, but in my experience the majority of people who buy fireworks don't buy them in pairs

I think a lot of Epic customers probably do.

This year I bought two Airbosses, two Triple H Bombs, two Proton Bombs, three Awakens etc.

Edited by David, 10 November 2008 - 01:16 PM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#12 bluetac

bluetac

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 05:43 PM

I cant see on Epic's site where it says they are firing more than one of something in a video.

#13 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:22 PM

I cant see on Epic's site where it says they are firing more than one of something in a video.

the www.epicfireworks.com site may not i was referring to the youtube video part of the site and in particular these

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=vJE9d6WgNGc

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=cNR3e2gjEo8

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=XJhm5ZKmh7A

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=YNlvhciDKzI

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=avPG8g0f2vs

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=9NmrmlsC_MA

to which video or videos are you refering to ? as some videos were supplied by the manufacturers themselves (ie brothers fireworks)and as such epic have little control over them other than not use them and to be honest any video is better then no video , and thats the dvd/footage the manufactors supply to promote thier range , as a footnote everyone who views those videos in the store is made aware of the fact multiple fireworks have been fired in the clip, its more of a manufacturers problem rather than epics really (untill epic get a chance to fire and film and convert and upload the video to every single item they stock ) which is hundreds

#14 johndee

johndee

UKPS Secretary

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

You may not have control over all the videos, but you do have full control over the info section of youtube.
As you manage to tell every one how good each one is, and what your website is.

#15 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

You may not have control over all the videos, but you do have full control over the info section of youtube.
As you manage to tell every one how good each one is, and what your website is.

not me personaly i dont work for them i only represent them on boards as and when i can, also answer whatever questions i can/am able to as for the youtube videos several of them do mention fireworks fired in multiples , if some havnt then make a list let me know and ill pass it onto the guys there and maybe it can be sorted , or wait untill they have time to fire and film every item themselves and upload the videos for them and then update the site

epicfireworks havnt made the site it was made for them and there are several issues they are aware of regarding it and are in the process of sorting it out , however for the last 4 or 5 weeks its been frantic it was all hands on deck to sort orders out and deal with customers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users