• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

Like with JTF, I think its closer to 40% off when VAT is taken into account- still a very good discount!

Dont want to seem thick but who are jtf? got a website for them? keep seeing the letters appear and have no idea who they are!

#32 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:37 PM

Like with JTF, I think its closer to 40% off when VAT is taken into account- still a very good discount!

I suppose so but even still the prices are fantastic for what you get, in my opinion. Some of it does seem expencive as covered like Awaken for nearly 70 pounds for just 30 seconds but thats what Epic is very good at, they have literally loads of 66 pound finales that last 30-60 seconds which are unique and just blew me away. One I really like is another CAT 4 trick from one of their other customers...

Put one Whispering Palms in the middle, and a Magneto about a few meters either side... CAT 4 set up with 40 seconds of large bore palm effects. This is the main reason I like them because using a few, or if you look into it, they really do try to compete with the pro fireworks, yes I know there is no way they will ever get to that calibre but still, it makes the audience look like a bomb just dropped... in a good way.

#33 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

Have a browse through the forums, they stock a range called "Guy Fawkes" , which is Men Shun.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#34 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

Thunderous is a very good firework as is screaming spiders however the ones of those I had this year were 1.4g and didnt have as great an impact as last year.

sorry mate your mistaken there the versions you bought this year were exactly the same as last year , no new stock has been brought in of those as they had plenty already

no idea if they are 1.4 or 1.3 but i can assure you they were the same stock

#35 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Dont want to seem thick but who are jtf? got a website for them? keep seeing the letters appear and have no idea who they are!

Just to finish off that idea about 1.4G epic fireworks, if you did have a 1.4 barrage from them this year, thats never happening again, all 1.3G

JTF - http://www.jtf-wholesale.co.uk

#36 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

I suppose so but even still the prices are fantastic for what you get, in my opinion.

True- they are very good value for money!

#37 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:43 PM

sorry mate your mistaken there the versions you bought this year were exactly the same as last year , no new stock has been brought in of those as they had plenty already

There is no way that thunderous finale is a 1.4, when I phoned them, Gareth kept telling me how it was one of their best 1.3G fireworks. So is screaming spiders.

I wont put the prices up or it's just plugging.

Thunderous Finale - Epic Fireworks flagship barrage, the best seller of 2007 and everybody’s favourite. Anyone who has seen this firework in action will tell you that this is one of the best consumer fireworks they have ever witnessed. Huge volleys of 4 shots at a time scream into the air before breaking into phenomenally large coloured palms which overlap giving the effect of a multi shell burst. The next 4 shots explode to produce electrifying clouds of crackles that absolutely fill the sky above you. Beautifully timed to create the perfect display, the sky is never empty with this monstrously powerful barrage. Culminating in a double 8 shot finale volley with silver crackling palms: An absolute essential for any finale.

Specifications

No. of Shots: 80
Approx Duration: 60 Sec
Dimensions: 20 cm x 32 cm x 25 cm
Bore Size: 25 mm
No. of Pieces to Carton: 1
Noise Rating: 9/10
Classification: 1.3G
Safety Distance: 25 Metres
Vertical or Fan: Vertical

#38 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:44 PM

Definately have 1.4g on the boxes as still have the boxes in the house, going to take a few weeks to fit all the aftermath in the wheely bins lol

Maybes was just me on the night but they didnt seem as good as last year and the website says 1.3g for them and the boxes say 1.4g, dont get me wrong very very far from being a bad firework but as say just didnt seem to have the impact they had last year, but 12months is a long time to remember something!

#39 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:46 PM

True- they are very good value for money!

Yep, Next year my Finale is 3 Thunderous Finale with Awaken being lit half way through.

All my stuff will be from Epic unless another company of 1.3G steps up to the plate, its not that I hate 1.4... well I kinda do because its ruined Men Shun, a damn good company in my opinion... oh well.

The government and otherl lobby groups and all the whiners so forth just hate the fireworks industry and keep imposing more rules and we should be thankful at least someone is still going to give us lots of flashpowder haha.

#40 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

Thanks for the link to jtf will have a look.

Seen the website thats why im getting confused, clearly says online they are 1.3g but the boxes clearly say otherwise as does the one for screaming spiders. Will hold my hands up had no idea what 1.3 or 1.4 stood for when got them, actually thought 1.4 was better as the number was higher lol

#41 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

Definately have 1.4g on the boxes as still have the boxes in the house, going to take a few weeks to fit all the aftermath in the wheely bins lol

Maybes was just me on the night but they didnt seem as good as last year and the website says 1.3g for them and the boxes say 1.4g, dont get me wrong very very far from being a bad firework but as say just didnt seem to have the impact they had last year, but 12months is a long time to remember something!

Well I can garuntee you that they certainly won't be if you bought them now, also Epic would be pretty much closed down if they mislabeled the legal stamp on fireworks, even on a website.

Thanks for the link to jtf will have a look.

Seen the website thats why im getting confused, clearly says online they are 1.3g but the boxes clearly say otherwise as does the one for screaming spiders. Will hold my hands up had no idea what 1.3 or 1.4 stood for when got them, actually thought 1.4 was better as the number was higher lol

I am ringing them in the morning to sort this out, I want to know why the heck those two have 1.4G on them when they are very clearly 1.3G fireworks. And I am getting confused now myself! haha

OH! Just came to me, who did you buy them from? Epic themselfs?

Edited by RichardEvans, 17 November 2008 - 11:51 PM.

#42 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

Edited by RichardEvans, 17 November 2008 - 11:50 PM.

#43 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

Yeah got them from Epic direct in batley. Will take pics of the boxes if need be tomorrow evening.

#44 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

Yeah got them from Epic direct in batley. Will take pics of the boxes if need be tomorrow evening.

I belive you, I hardly see you lieing over something like that.

All I know is they are 1.3G now.

#45 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:57 PM

I think I know what has happened here. These will be fireworks produced when flashpowder based effects were still 1.4G (one or two years ago), and are labelled as such, which have become 1.3G under new regs.

its not that I hate 1.4... well I kinda do because its ruined Men Shun, a damn good company in my opinion... oh well.

To be fair, Men Shuns 2008 blackpowder range has a lot of nice pieces- certainly different from 1.3G stuff, but a great improvement on their "patch up" blackpowder stuff of 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users