47 replies to this topic

#16 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:25 PM

You may not have control over all the videos, but you do have full control over the info section of youtube.
As you manage to tell every one how good each one is, and what your website is.

Thats a good point John. I think shops should make it clear on You Tube what the source of the video is- it is very very easy to do, just mention it in the description! For example shops such as Great Northern upload footage from test sessions they were personally at in China, Firework Factory use a mixture of self shot footage (you can hear them doing a commentary) and stock footage.

Its really just a case of putting in the description "Here is a single Turbo Box being fired from out trip to China", "Here are two Golden Shower Cones in action we filmed in November ... " etc ..
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#17 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

Thats a good point John. I think shops should make it clear on You Tube what the source of the video is- it is very very easy to do, just mention it in the description! For example shops such as Great Northern upload footage from test sessions they were personally at in China, Firework Factory use a mixture of self shot footage (you can hear them doing a commentary) and stock footage.

Its really just a case of putting in the description "Here is a single Turbo Box being fired from out trip to China", "Here are two Golden Shower Cones in action we filmed in November ... " etc ..

it would also be handy if sites put on if the video is of the actual product for sale ie old reg video on new reg item for sale , this isnt an issue on epics site however as they dont have any new reg items

#18 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

it would also be handy if sites put on if the video is of the actual product for sale ie old reg video on new reg item for sale , this isnt an issue on epics site however as they dont have any new reg items

Indeed- a lot of stock, most notably Men Shun- has been changed a great deal with new regs. It is, in effect, a different firework.

#19 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:48 PM

It's just the Brothers stuff which wont be around for much longer once stocks are sold out as they are discontinuing anything thats 1.3G.

#20 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:57 PM

It's just the Brothers stuff which wont be around for much longer once stocks are sold out as they are discontinuing anything thats 1.3G.

which retailer are you refering to??

#21 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

maybe he means Brothers themselves ?

#22 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:12 PM

I am, Brothers UK are no longer producing any of the CAT 3 1.3G fireworks such as FireOne, Jabberywocky, Cross Fire, Hercules and so forth. Once stock is gone, it's gone.

Not too much of a biggie, Epic own Epic Fireworks, Paramount, Marvel and Oriental so we wont see any of them go as it's all one big company, and they survive on 1.3G anyway. Personally price and variety, and the fact they have SOOOO many massive near to CAT 4 barrages now is just really impressive so yeah, no worries. As you may have guessed, really do like Epic and I have reason to, increidble price and a lot of there stuff really is so close to CAT 4, Awaken was CAT 4 till they changed the tubes :P Same effect though, which is amazing.

Edited by RichardEvans, 17 November 2008 - 11:15 PM.

#23 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:14 PM

aaah, yes - makes sense :)

#24 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:15 PM

I am, Brothers UK are no longer producing any of the CAT 3 1.3G fireworks such as FireOne, Jabberywocky, Cross Fire, Hercules and so forth. Once stock is gone, it's gone.

That mkes bad reading, what about the 2008 stuff that was 1.3g? Brpthers have always been a big part of my displays be hard to replace.

#25 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:21 PM

That makes bad reading, what about the 2008 stuff that was 1.G? Brothers have always been a big part of my displays be hard to replace.

I understand why they are doing it, so they can make CAT 3 1.4 versions of the lot and sell loads of them to unsuspecting customers, and they are going to do that. I have no Idea if Epic will restock them as 1.4G but at least garden centers and other venues for seasonal fireworks will, so they can sell to a wider mass market. Plus I doubt they want to put loads of money into the extra legislation when they cant compete with others like Epic who can produce them and sell cheaply as they own stores as well. Brothers just cannot do this and only sell to a niche market where Epic can. Oh well, cut throat business.

Hercules I don't care about, I prefer Thunderous Finale and its much better in my opinion. Hercules is great but its no loss.

there are defiantly some greats there like cross fire but to get the effects the videos promised, you have to buy more than one.

I would so honestly rather have one awaken than two fire ones, may last like 1/3 as long but much bigger impact, plus a bit cheaper haha, or Atomic Tornado, Imperial Invasion. Wild Horses, Ultimate Devastation....

Yes it's sad, but Epic will bury them next year as they are going to be making even more fireworks at some point to keep producing new effects, and like I have said they already have a massive library.

Edited by RichardEvans, 17 November 2008 - 11:26 PM.

#26 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:26 PM

You sure seem keen on Epic Richard!

#27 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:28 PM

Thunderous is a very good firework as is screaming spiders however the ones of those I had this year were 1.4g and didnt have as great an impact as last year.

Hercules to me is a big loss as its probably my favourite firework, open fire is also one I use alot, im sure night vision will remain as that wont be 1.3g lol. Fire one is o.k, Awaken yes is very good but doesnt last anywhere near as long as a cake costing that much should.

Imperial invasion is probably my favourite big one from epic, ultimate devastation was excellent as was tank buster. Never got atomic tornado as its over very quick, if cant get my brothers stuff next year will get atomic tornado to give it a try.

#28 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:29 PM

You sure seem keen on Epic Richard!

YEP! :D

Half price fireworks, some of which are practically CAT 4, as if I am going to miss out! Haha!

Plus they just own the 1.3 Business now, we all know it, they can produce it and survive with all the new legislation, they are even getting a new huge site on the M1 so they are not worried. They can make 1.3G and really big ones at that, sit happy and sell them to us at a great price, why would I not like them. :P

Oh and plus they are so nice, they have given me loads of advise.

And by the way, I was browsing that thread you were on about Cat 4 training, thanks for listing that website of where to buy safety equipment, I defiantly will pick the lot up before i start lighting anything :D

#29 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

YEP! :D

Half price fireworks

Like with JTF, I think its closer to 40%-60% (depending on the item) off when VAT is taken into account- still a very good discount!

Edited by David, 17 November 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#30 RichardEvans

RichardEvans

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:33 PM

Thunderous is a very good firework as is screaming spiders however the ones of those I had this year were 1.4g and didn't have as great an impact as last year.

Hercules to me is a big loss as its probably my favorite firework, open fire is also one I use allot, I'm sure night vision will remain as that wont be 1.3G lol. Fire one is o.k, Awaken yes is very good but doesn't last anywhere near as long as a cake costing that much should.

Imperial invasion is probably my favourite big one from epic, ultimate devastation was excellent as was tank buster. Never got atomic tornado as its over very quick, if cant get my brothers stuff next year will get atomic tornado to give it a try.

1.4G? I never knew they produced a 1.4G version of those fireworks, they are listed on their website now as 1.3G

Awaken should be much more expensive in my opinion for size, it is practically a CAT 4 firework and once was so personally for 66 quid, I feel I am getting one of the best 30 second endings I can provide to my audiences.

Atomic Tornado and Ultimate devastation are pretty much same time lines, I am getting both, I love the idea of Atomic Tornado just blowing up constant masses of bangs, and ultimate Devastation is practically a firework gattling gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users