• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

Probably worth putting a notice on the main website about it to make sure people know about it. I imagine a lot gets looked over in the forum with so many discussions going on!

Quite right Bob. Should have happened today, but I screwed up the 'techie' bit! Richard should be correcting this tonight.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#32 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

The schedule is now on the website. Any comments or questions speak to me or Phil C or Phil D.

#33 FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

• UKPS Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

Here is the Draft agenda for the AGM – details may change slightly but this is the shape of things.

Start 14.00 -Introductions, coffee

14.30 -Main business
-Report from Richard
-Report from Galon
-Questions from floor
-Voting

15-30 -Refreshments

16-00 -Talk/demo 1 Richard’s trip to China
16-15 -Talk/demo 2 Phil D - Recreating old Fireworks
16-30 -Talk/demo 3 Phill Cooper – Subject TBA
16-45 -Talk/demo 4 Show and tell (show us what YOU have been doing pyro-wise)?

17.00 -Show some pyro films

18.00 -Short break/ coffee/ social while it gets dark (Sunset 18.15)

18.45 -Display

19.00 -Retire to hostelry

Definitely coming: Richard, Phil C, Adam, Crystal Palace Fireworks, Bob Twells

Probably coming: Big G, Arthur Brown, David, concept,

May be coming: Portfire, fflach, johndee,

Still a bit thin on the ground, in terms of people definitely coming. Could you please make yourselves known if you are going to attend.

These things take a lot of organising and it’s not going to happen if we don’t get at least 12 ‘definites’.

#34 FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

• UKPS Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Hi Chaps yes sound interesting put me down for it ,ps when and where ? or have I missed the post ? Tim. :ph34r:

#35 johndee

johndee

UKPS Secretary

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:40 PM

The address is Bishop Thomas Grant School, Belltrees Grove, London. SW16 2HY. March 21st

#36 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:18 AM

Definitely coming: Richard, Phill C, Adam, Phil D, Crystal Palace Fireworks, Bob Twells, johndee, digger, Fizcrackle, fflach + 1

Probably coming: Big G, David, concept,

May be coming: Portfire, pyrotrev

Full details now on our main website here

Travel details and link to map etc on venue website BTG School - directions etc

Please contact Richard, Phil D or Phill Cooper for any details, not the venue - they won't be able to help you...

Edited by phildunford, 28 January 2009 - 03:22 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#37 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

Will definitely be coming also bring my son tom he’s 16
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#38 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

Will definitely be coming also bring my son tom he’s 16

Now we're cooking - should be good... at least 11 'defs'

Edited by phildunford, 27 January 2009 - 05:51 PM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#39 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Subject to show commitments I'll try and make it too.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#40 whitewolf_573

whitewolf_573

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

I think i will study if i can go to the Meeting . I am from spain , and i have to see how many is the fly , hostal and like (I tink two days in london will not be more than £230)

I hope i will be able to go because i would like to meet pyro's from other countries.
I should say I want to believe ... (Fox Mulder X-Files II : i want to believe)

The truth is out there (X-Files)

I am an artist,a painter that paint the sky with blackpowder and fire

#41 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

For those of you on a budget and who are not taking there cars (expensive car parking charges in southwark) to the 2009 annual general meeting, and who don`t mind shacking up in a hostal as a group.

Take a look at the website below,.........there is a place in `Borough High Street` in Southwark, London called `St Christophers Inn` (award winning apparently) which is near to all the central london tourist sites, and not too far from the River Thames pubs,......if you get 8 of you to share, it can cost from £15.75 per night according to the website,................its about 7 miles to the annual general meeting location!,.....a 9 seater mini cab might be a better way of getting there.

In answer to Whitewolf, Ryan Air do Madrid to London for around 50 EUR.

http://www.london-se...hristopher.html

Edited by crystal palace fireworks, 30 January 2009 - 10:44 AM.

#42 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

CPF is quite right about car parking charges in London in general and it's something you may have to consider if your hotel does not have free parking.

However, just to clarify, parking at the venue is FREE we have about 60 spaces on site and parking on the surrounding roads (residential area) is also free, so no problem there.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#43 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

I got caught out a few months ago with parking charges in Southwark London (£4.80 per hour or thereabouts), and the congestion zone that stretches to some parts of that area of south london (£60 fine for not realizing I had entered it),........so please be aware if you are coming down on a friday for a long weekend, and are still intent on staying in Southwark (congestion charge is still in operation until 6.30pm friday), and parking charges are still in operation all over the weekend including sundays for the above area.

As Phildunford has indicated,........this does not affect the parking at the school venue where the annual general meeting is being held which is free, and neither is there any congestion charges in this area......so please don`t be put off coming to this meeting.

If anyone needs help or advice on these issues,....just PM me!

#44 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:19 AM

Saturday 21st March. Just a reminder to keep this date free... Be there or be square!

Definitely coming: Richard, Phill C, Adam, Phil D, Crystal Palace Fireworks, Bob Twells, johndee, digger, Fizcrackle, fflach + 1, Whitewolf 573

Probably coming: Big G, David, concept,

May be coming: Portfire, pyrotrev

Full details now on our main website here pyrosociety

Travel details and link to map etc on venue website BTG School

Please contact Richard, Phil D or Phill Cooper for any details, not the venue - they won't be able to help you...

Edited by phildunford, 05 February 2009 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#45 whitewolf_573

whitewolf_573

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:34 PM

On Tuesday i bought the airline ticket to London for the 20th March and return the 23rd March.

I am going to be there 4 days to do turism and go to the meeting :).

I only have to get the accommodation ( i am looking now for hotel/hostel of about 85 GBP / night or like. I have found some that could be interesting but until march i'm not in a rush)

Edited by whitewolf_573, 05 February 2009 - 03:35 PM.

I should say I want to believe ... (Fox Mulder X-Files II : i want to believe)

The truth is out there (X-Files)

I am an artist,a painter that paint the sky with blackpowder and fire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users