• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#46 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

On Tuesday i bought the airline ticket to London for the 20th March and return the 23rd March.

I am going to be there 4 days to do turism and go to the meeting :).

I only have to get the accommodation ( i am looking now for hotel/hostel of about 85 GBP / night or like. I have found some that could be interesting but until march i'm not in a rush)

Hi Whitewolf - you will be very welcome - and also I suspect our first international visitor!

If you are looking for a 'basic' but perfectly OK hotel, the Travel Lodge chain cost about 50GBP per night and sometimes quite a lot less if you book early. There is one at Croydon and one at Battersea - both about 5 miles from the venue. If you don't mind paying more, The Leigham Court Hotel is only 15 minutes walk from the venue and very close to main line rail services...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#47 HASTINGS

HASTINGS

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

Im working on day of meeting but i might be able to get there for about 3.30 if i can get afternoon off i will know in a week

#48 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

Im working on day of meeting but i might be able to get there for about 3.30 if i can get afternoon off i will know in a week

Will still be stuff to see, even if you arrive at 3.30...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#49 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

You can count me in too. Does anyone from the South Yorkshire/North Notts area want a lift on the Saturday morning, and dropping off on the way back Saturday night? Also anyone who lives close to the M1 between Jct 31 and Jct 6.

Edit: OK looks like my car is full now, unless you don't mind sitting in the central back seat.

Edited by pyromaniac303, 08 February 2009 - 04:49 PM.

You can never have a long enough fuse...

#50 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

Saturday 21st March. Just a reminder to keep this date free... Could you please indicate if you will be bringing your S.O. or offspring, so we have a good idea of numbers.

Definitely coming: Richard, Phill C, Adam, Phil D + 1, Crystal Palace Fireworks, Bob Twells, johndee, digger, Fizcrackle, fflach + 1, Whitewolf 573, Pyromaniac 303 (Now up to 14)

Probably coming: Big G, David, concept,

May be coming: Portfire, pyrotrev

Please contact Richard, Phil D or Phill Cooper for any details, not the venue - they won't be able to help you...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#51 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:32 PM

has anyone coming down the m1 past donnington svcs near junction 24 /23 got a spare seat ????
protodezine@gmail.com

#52 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

has anyone coming down the m1 past donnington svcs near junction 24 /23 got a spare seat ????

Steve - see pyromaniac303's post, two earlier...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#53 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

May be best to fire him off a PM, me and the misses are going down with him. I am not sure if there is anyone else squeezing in too.
Phew that was close.

#54 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:16 AM

May be best to fire him off a PM, me and the misses are going down with him. I am not sure if there is anyone else squeezing in too.

Yeah, I'm coming with paul too, stopping at his friday I think.....Soooo, put me on the list as going phil :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#55 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

Saturday 21st March. Just a reminder to keep this date free... Could be our biggest meeting ever!

Definitely coming: Richard, Phill C, Adam, Phil D + 1, Crystal Palace Fireworks, Bob Twells, johndee, digger + 1, Fizcrackle, fflach + 1, Whitewolf 573, Pyromaniac 303, Portfire, Fruitful Steve + 1, Brightstar (Now up to 19)

Probably coming: Big G, David, concept,

May be coming: pyrotrev

Address, link to map and directions BTG School

Please contact Richard, Phil D or Phill Cooper for any details, not the venue - they won't be able to help you...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#56 concept

concept

Complies with BS7114: Part 2 1988...Not

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

Hi all, does anyone who’s is coming to the AGM have any standard fireworks memorabilia that they want to sell (sorry I don’t have that much in the way of swaps). Any printed material especially brochures from the 80's onward along with the fireworks themselves are my main area of interest.

Thanks Doug

#57 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

I only have to get the accommodation ( i am looking now for hotel/hostel of about 85 GBP / night or like. I have found some that could be interesting but until march i'm not in a rush)

Whitewolf, you might also be interest in this hotel I have stayed in a couple of times: http://fairwaylondon.com/
It's far from fancy, but is literally a 2 minute walk from King's Cross/St Pancras so is perfectly situated for sightseeing trips as the tube and buses are only seconds away. £65 for a double last time I went.

#58 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

Saturday 21st March. Just a reminder to keep this date free... Could be our biggest meeting ever!

Definitely coming: Richard, Phill C, Adam, Phil D + 1, Crystal Palace Fireworks, Bob Twells, johndee, digger + 1, Fizcrackle, fflach + 1, Whitewolf 573, Pyromaniac 303, Portfire, Fruitful Steve + 1, Brightstar, Galon (Now up to 20)

Probably coming: concept,

May be coming: pyrotrev

Address, link to map and directions BTG School

Edited by phildunford, 27 February 2009 - 04:09 PM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#59 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

Just to let you know, unfortunatly I won't be able to make this now, as I have other commitments.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#60 Pyromancer

Pyromancer

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

Hi All,

I'm new on here, but have been doing pyrotechnics and other explosive things both professionally and for fun for years.

I'll get my membership forms and cheque off in the post in the next few days, so I'll be an Pyrosociety member shortly.

Anyhow, I'd like to come along on the 21st.

If it's of any interest I can do a half hour powerpoint presentation on a special effects job I did where I had to demolish a large scale model of an indian temple (the presentation is mostly photos, with video clips of the various tests we carried out and the full build and destruction of the model).

I appriciate it's a bit late to expect you to have any gaps left or change the programme, but I thought I'd make the offer and if you get someone drop out I'd be more than happy to stand in if a presentation like this would be of interest.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve
aka Pyromancer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users