#61 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:24 AM

Hi Pyromancer (steve),

Im sure the ukps committee would welcome your offer of a presentation at short notice,...... please send a personal message/email to either `Richard H` or `Phil Dunford`.

look forward to meeting you at the AGM on the 21st march 2009.

regards

CPF (keith)

#62 Pyromancer

Pyromancer

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hi Pyromancer (steve),

Im sure the ukps committee would welcome your offer of a presentation at short notice,...... please send a personal message/email to either `Richard H` or `Phil Dunford`.

look forward to meeting you at the AGM on the 21st march 2009.

regards

CPF (keith)

Keith,

Richard H has already been in touch, so it looks like I'll be boring you and everyone else at the AGM with my presentation.

Why the 'Crystal Palace Fireworks' names? - Have you worked on the crew that puts on this show? If so you'll know me, as I get employed as a 'Fireworks Safety Consultant' to oversee the show and a few others by the local authority concerned!

See you at the AGM.

Steve

#63 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

Saturday 21st March. Just a reminder to keep this date free... Could be our biggest meeting ever!

Definitely coming: Richard, Phill C, Adam, Phil D + 1, Crystal Palace Fireworks, Bob Twells + 1, johndee, digger + 1, Fizcrackle, fflach + 1, Whitewolf 573, Pyromaniac 303, Portfire, Fruitful Steve + 1, Brightstar, Galon, pyromancer (Now up to 22)

Probably coming: concept,

May be coming: pyrotrev

Address, link to map and directions BTG School

Please let me know by PM if you change your mind either way (coming/ not coming) as I've heard of a few people saying they are coming without letting us know. We do need to plan catering and if it gets much over 30, we might have to have a bit of a rehash of the rooms we use - not a problem, but I don't want to be doing it on the day...

Latest order of the day to follow soon.

Please contact Richard, Phil D or Phill Cooper for any details, not the venue - they won't be able to help you...

Edited by phildunford, 15 March 2009 - 09:09 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#64 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

Keith,

Richard H has already been in touch, so it looks like I'll be boring you and everyone else at the AGM with my presentation.

Why the 'Crystal Palace Fireworks' names? - Have you worked on the crew that puts on this show? If so you'll know me, as I get employed as a 'Fireworks Safety Consultant' to oversee the show and a few others by the local authority concerned!

See you at the AGM.

Steve

Steve,

Its a name I took for the purposes of this forum, and to pay homage to my ancestorial links to `Brocks fireworks`,...which laterly became also known as `CT Brock & Co`, and with its regular displays at the great exhibition of 1851 (crystal palace!)

My great great grandfather was a pyrotechnist named (john brock) going back to before and during victorian times in the whitechapel area of east london,

What show or crew do you mean?

#65 michaelli66

michaelli66

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:04 AM

Thank you ,Sir
Thanks for you mention us, I really want to join your meeting as a memeber of UKPS,but what a pity,it's far way for me,I'm in China.
if there is a any chance later,could you hold a meetingin some area places(like Europe in London,America in somewhere,Asia in somewhere etc).
FIREWORKS SUPPLIER
FIREWORKS NEWS,PICTURE,VIDEO
YOUTUBE VIDEO
www.facebook.com/fireworks.supplier

#66 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

Thank you ,Sir
Thanks for you mention us, I really want to join your meeting as a memeber of UKPS,but what a pity,it's far way for me,I'm in China.
if there is a any chance later,could you hold a meetingin some area places(like Europe in London,America in somewhere,Asia in somewhere etc).

The AGM meeting is in London!

#67 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

Don't forget to keep your diary free...

Also:

Why not bring some interesting stuff to show other members. Tooling or pictures or dummies or whatever you can think of (no live comps please!).

There should be opportunities to show what you have been up to formally or just to display on a table for people to look at and chat about in the breaks etc.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#68 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

One week to go chaps and chapesses!

Please let Richard or myself know of any change of plans.

Will try to pm all of those who have expressed an interest to remind them.

Promises to be a great afternoon, some stonking talks and demos lined up, interesting films arranged, fireworks ordered and a chance for you all to let rip with your ideas for what we should be doing in UKPS.

Branded pens available and with any luck (!!!) the UKPS Polo shirts will be on sale - watch this space for more news and the final agenda.

Edited by phildunford, 14 March 2009 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#69 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

Here is the agenda as it stands. Possible things may change a bit, as we want it to be relaxed but informative and fun!

Arrive from 14.00 -Chat, coffee - Opportunity to join the society and buy UKPS Pens (already here) and Polo Shirts (should be there in time I hope!)

14.30 -Main business
-Report from Richard
-Report from Galon
Open discussion on what the membership wants, what we should be doing etc.

15-00 -Refreshments - Tea/Coffee, juice, sandwiches, cakes, crisps, sausage rolls etc.

15-30 - Illustrated Talk Richard’s trip to China
15-45 - Illustrated Talk Phil D - Recreating old Fireworks
16-00 - Illustrated Talk Pyromancer - Special effects
16-30 -Demonstration/have a go - Rolling Stars, Phil Cooper
16-45 - "Show and tell" (show us what YOU have been doing pyro-wise)?

17.00 - Show some pyro films
- Pathe News - Inc film of the Crystal Palace and Brocks Factories - 10 mins
- Tests on catastrophic failures of mortars and racks - courtesy of Shellscape Pyrotechnics - 15mins
- 2 Films of Pyro get-togethers at Steves - 8 mins
- Films of 'Las Fallas' at Valencia including Feeling Good and Mascaletta Madness 7 Mins
- Film of UKPS Display at "Big Ears" - 5 mins
Plus others as time permits

18.00 -Short break/ coffee/ social/ look at the display site while it gets dark (Sunset 18.15)

18.45 -Display

18.55 Help clear up display site (Please!)

19.00 -Retire to hostelry (Suggest The Waterfront in Streatham)

Currently about 25 have expressed an interest in coming.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#70 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

Could anyone who definitely fancies coming to 'The Waterfront' (wine/ beer/ good Pizzas) after the AGM please PM me.

It's been suggested that I reserve a table in case it gets busy (no idea what it's like on a Saturday Night) and I'd like some idea of numbers. Thanks...

Edited by phildunford, 17 March 2009 - 09:21 PM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#71 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

Me and Phill C + guest for starters!

#72 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

The man from Polo-shirt land, he say yesssssssss!

Or to be more sensible, the poloshirts have arrived and will be on sale at the AGM on Saturday.

We will be announcing over the next few weeks, how those not coming to the AGM can buy them... (But you are coming aren't you?)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#73 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

BUT who wants WHITE?
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#74 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

As opposed to?

#75 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

BUT who wants WHITE?

Well about 30 people so far Arthur...
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users