CAT 4 course coodinated by UKPS

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#76 helix

helix

• UKPS Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thanks to all who orgainised the course. It was good to meet everyone.

The course was a bit advanced for me but I gained some knowlege which can only be a good thing.

cheers

James

#77 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

Looks like you had kind weather as well :)

#78 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:48 AM

A very informative and professionally delivered course. It far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this course to anyone regardless if they intend to fire commercially.

A big thanks to everyone who organised the event and Chris and Steve @ Illuminate.

Cheers,

Wayne.

#79 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

yes a very good course, I don't know if i passed but the information in this manual alone is worth the course fee.

Many thanks steve and chris, there was a lot of information to teach in one day but you both did a great job.

#80 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:20 PM

Excellent course incredibly informative and worth every penny.

For myself it showed areas of the pyrotechnics I hadn't considered before in any detail.

And gives me another reason to to stay on this forum for some more years yet :D

Vic
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#81 Gavin

Gavin

• UKPS Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

Very interesting course and always great to meet fellow pyros. Many thanks to Phil and Richard for organising this and Chris & Steve from Illuminate.

#82 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:43 PM

A good value and well thought out course.

This course provides a good starting block for those wishing to progress into the professional side of the industry and a good refresher for those already there.

Thank you UKPS and Illuminate Consult

Rick

#83 pyropadz

pyropadz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:42 PM

hi i would be intrested in doing this cat 4 course could someone tell me when the next course is running in the leicestershire area. thanks

#84 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

We will certainly arrange something like this again if we can. There were at least two more who would have gone on this one, but the course was full.

It may be that we have to go to two days, as there is just so much to say...

Keep watching the board, we will certainly let everyone know when something comes up.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#85 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

Presenting this course shows the Society in a good way and increases the number of people who have started to appreciate the skills needed to fire fireworks professionally to a good safety standard.

There is certainly good reason to hold this course on a regular basis, even perhaps across the country, taking the teaching to the membership.

Working over two days may allow more people to participate but it is likely to cost more money as the trainers will need two day's fees and accommodation. Also the course fee will need to include overnight accommodation and more meals.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#86 pyropadz

pyropadz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

hi i posted that i would like to do the cat 4 course and know of 2 more people that are also would like to do it. do you know when the course will be run again becouse im eager to do it. thanks adam

#87 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 08:56 PM

Hi Adam.

Realistically it's not going to be before the new year now. They take quite a bit of organising, plus the fact that Illuminate have said they will have to change the format to two days just to get all the new legislation in!

It's possible they may be able to do a similar (but slightly cut down) one day course for us. Keep watching this space!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#88 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

The course has run in autumn 2008 and spring and autumn 2009. If anyone has a good venue then the next course need not be at the usual venue but could be nearer one of the edges of the UK.

Adding a second day would be good but will cost more money and will mean several people will need to find accommodation.

I've just done a course that was three days, three days of paperwork and a formal exam hard academic work and lots of money and 450 miles return.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#89 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

If anyone has one or knows where to get a mesh visor for the JSP Mark 7R safety helmet Id really appreciate knowing. I'm sick of mine fogging up in the cold?

A lot of motorcyclists recommend a spray inside and a polish with Mr Sheen or a bit of washing up liquid to stop visors fogging, It may help you in your hour of need.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#90 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

A lot of motorcyclists recommend a spray inside and a polish with Mr Sheen or a bit of washing up liquid to stop visors fogging, It may help you in your hour of need.

Being a motorcyclist myself, (as I am sure Phill is when he gets a chance) I always used to use RainX. I don't know if the brand name has changed over the years as my bottle is pretty old now. It is the stuff developed to stop the glass on F16's from fogging up apparently.
Phew that was close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users