• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#46 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

If you want to drop out please try to let someone else have it.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#47 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:56 PM

In my dozy headed way, the last PM I sent to people said the course started at 9.00pm - of course it starts at 9.00am and will last to about 4.30pm.

Thanks to Gavin for pointing this out to me!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#48 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

Just to wake this thread up and remind everyone that the course is on and will be held at:

The Crosskeys Inn 9 Worthington La, Newbold Coleorton, Coalville Leicestershire on Saturday 12th September, starting at 9.00am

I now have all your deposits (thank you). The balance (approx £70) will be collected on the day of the course - please bring cash or cheque.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#49 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:26 AM

If anyone has to drop out for whatever reason, please let me know ASAP as I'm now able to attend. Thanks, Dan

#50 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

Course coming up soon!

You will need to bring the balance of your payment on the course. Cheque or cash acceptable (we know where you live Posted Image ). The balance should not be more than £70 if everyone who has sent a deposit attends the course. There should be a slight reduction for paid up UKPS members.

Richard (who is on the course) will be coodinating things on the day.

PPE required:

Helmet with full face polycarb visor and ear defenders.
Flameproof clothing (many people use a welders boiler suit at about £10)
Stout boots.

I have been asked if a mesh type forrestry visor is suitable. I know there is a lot of debate on this subject, but this is the reply I have from Illuminate:

Hi Phil
Both our and the Insurer's advise is that a mesh type visor isn’t suitable.
They will stop particles down to a very small size but will not sufficiently reduce a direct blast wave and/or hot gas discharge under pressure.
We can bring a couple of spare full face visors for the firing practical and meantime, I will check to see if the mesh visor would be acceptable for this exercise with fully enclosed safety goggles underneath.
Regards
Chris

As they are running the course, we must of course follow their guideance in this matter.

Please let me know by PM if you have any questions.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#51 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:51 PM

B****cks just brought a mesh one.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#52 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:31 AM

B****cks just brought a mesh one.

Sorry mate! be handy for doing the gardening!

I know this is a contentious area. Some regular firers I know would not use Polycarbonate under any circumstances. It steams up for one thing.

Certainly something to discuss on the course...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#53 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

All is not lost.

the mesh Visors are interchangeable with the polycarbonate ones, on Husqvarna models.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#54 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

If anyone has one or knows where to get a mesh visor for the JSP Mark 7R safety helmet Id really appreciate knowing. I'm sick of mine fogging up in the cold?

#55 helix

helix

• UKPS Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:20 PM

I'm intending to drive down on Friday and stay over - as I've got a bit of a drive

is anyone going to be about on the friday night?

james

#56 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hi James, myself and the missus are traveling up on the Friday staying at the local premier Inn.

Anybody else staying over?

Vic

#57 FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

• UKPS Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:11 AM

Just to wake this thread up and remind everyone that the course is on and will be held at:

The Crosskeys Inn 9 Worthington La, Newbold Coleorton, Coalville Leicestershire on Saturday 12th September, starting at 9.00am

I now have all your deposits (thank you). The balance (approx £70) will be collected on the day of the course - please bring cash or cheque.

Hi Phill Just caught up with whats going on,( been away ) just seen the corse to be held on the 12 the september,
and wondered if there were any places left ? cheers Tim. PS can I get hold of no's 1/2/3 +5 issues of SPARK ?

#58 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

could someone post the post code for the venue, please
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#59 helix

helix

• UKPS Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

could someone post the post code for the venue, please

Full address:

Cross Keys Inn

01530 224799

9 Worthington Lane, Newbold Coleorton, Coalville, LE67 8PJ

#60 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:59 AM

Not long now!

I have confirmed with all concerned.

Our society Chairman, Richard Harwood will be looking after things on the day. The trainers will be Steve Illage and Chris Burgess of Illuminate Consult.

11 people are booked on the course and if all of you turn up, the costs will be £85 (total) for paid up UKPS members and £95 (total) for non-members (less your £30 deposits of course). If we have any 'no shows' we may have to adjust this.

See, it does pay to be a member!

Please be ready to start by 9.00am, as it's a very full day.
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users