• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#16 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

Well...When you put it like that mate :blush: , and £200 Rich sounds good to me :rolleyes:

Got my maths wrong, should be £160 (2 exams). Anyway £200 OK by me and either venue is fine. Leicester is marginally closer to me.
Phew that was close.

#17 Qwiktrak ADR

Qwiktrak ADR

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:25 PM

My ADR expires in June and I may have cut it a little fine to book refresher training.

If I remember correctly, ADR course costs £1650+VAT (core and explosives) for 3 days and can take up to 16 candidates. There are 2 exams required at £20 each per candidate inclusive.

This is through a company in Somerset, I would imagine cost to be similar to that of other training companies, but would the views be so nice?

Rick

Go for the refresher course as londg as you take it more than 6 weeks before expiry it is a lot less expensive

#18 Qwiktrak ADR

Qwiktrak ADR

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

go for the refresher course, as long as you take it more than 6 weeks before your license expires it is a lot less expensive and takes only a day or two

#19 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

Thanks Qwikrack ADR, pesky thing expires in June so could do with speaking to Expresstrak!

Refresher training (core and explosives) over 2 days, for one candidate is around the £250 mark.

Swings and roundabouts.

#20 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

do you need to know what a adr course is before hand if so can someone explain :unsure:
ffs
Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#21 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

ADR is a (positive) endorsement on your driving licence to say that you are competent to drive a vehicle loaded with dangerous goods. (Explosives in our case!)
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#22 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:07 PM

ADR is a (positive) endorsement on your driving licence to say that you are competent to drive a vehicle loaded with dangerous goods. (Explosives in our case!)

That sounds like a good thing, is it recognised by insurance companies and the highways agency/police and alike?

#23 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hi Steve,

ADR is the law. If you are carrying commercial quantities of hazardous goods, then you must have the appropriate training.

For more information about the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road, then visit the UNECE website.

#24 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

Hi Steve,

ADR is the law. If you are carrying commercial quantities of hazardous goods, then you must have the appropriate training.

For more information about the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road, then visit the UNECE website.

Part 3 doesn't go into much detail! but it certainly won't do any harm to do the course, anyone know what is regarded as commercial quantities? so subject to date and location i,d be interested.

#25 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:51 PM

Part 3 doesn't go into much detail! but it certainly won't do any harm to do the course, anyone know what is regarded as commercial quantities? so subject to date and location i,d be interested.

The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2007 set out the exemptions and UK implementation of ADR. In particular relevance to us: 50 kg 1.3G or 500 kg 1.4G are defined as the threshold.

#26 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2007 set out the exemptions and UK implementation of ADR. In particular relevance to us: 50 kg 1.3G or 500 kg 1.4G are defined as the threshold.

Those threshold amounts are NEQ, not gross weight.

#27 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

If NEQ means what i think it does 50kg is quite a lot and 500kg is more than enough for a small cat3 display!!

#28 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

It is a fair amount of fireworks, yes!

#29 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:33 PM

Those threshold amounts are NEQ, not gross weight.

If NEQ means what i think it does 50kg is quite a lot and 500kg is more than enough for a small cat3 display!!

Hence the reason consumers don't need placards when collecting their bonfire night order come November!

#30 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

But if you have even 1 off 1.1 item in the vehicle then the whole load is considered 1.1 so the max NEQ becomes 50Kg.

When you get onto the bigger stuff 50kg is not that many devices, maybe 15 8" shells and 1 x 16 could exceed 50kg.

I assume the course would give you a better appreciation on the regs and allow you to transport more than just pyro. I assume that the core covers chemical transport too which I am certanly interested in as well.

Richard please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by digger, 29 April 2009 - 12:41 PM.

Phew that was close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users