63 replies to this topic

#31 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:28 AM

David, it can be a little annoying when you go back and edit your earlier posts when someone replies - as mine above, using the information posted in the reply to make your own posting look more detailed

In this instance, there was almost certainly crossover. If you look at the edit times, my edit was completed only a minute after your reply was posted. That is to say, when I started the edit, your reply was not on the board (we we typing at the same time.) IE I was editting my post AS you were replying to mine.

Think about it- look at the time it was posted, and the time it was editted.

I will sometimes go back to a post an edit it shortly after posting, as in fact, I'm doing right now. It's a habit!

If I'm editing it in light of someones reply, I will make that fact clear.

Edited by David, 13 July 2009 - 10:32 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#32 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

aah ok, it was just that your edit was basically to include the effects that I had posted in my reply, hence it makes my reply look a little less useful :)

as for editing in light of someones response, still not sure its that useful as it can make the thread look unbalanced, better to just reply in my opinion, means the reader can just follow the thread rather than having to go back and forth looking at the edits to make sense of things

just my opinion :)

Stu

#33 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:39 AM

aah ok, it was just that your edit was basically to include the effects that I had posted in my reply, hence it makes my reply look a little less useful :)

Yeah, I do see what you mean- but as I say, Crossover can happen occassionally.

as for editing in light of someones response, still not sure its that useful as it can make the thread look unbalanced

Yeah, I agree- I don't tend to do that. The except would be to clarify a point, or edit a factual error etc- in some cases people only read the first post before replying.

With this board being slow moving, in comparison to other boards, I'm in the habit of posting, reading through it, then adding/altering slightly if I feel it is required- it's unusual that people read/repond as quickly as you did in that instance.

Edited by David, 13 July 2009 - 10:40 AM.

#34 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

At £150 it's got to be well supported by the importers in terms of real pictures and videos to convince that it's really worth the money! Some people spend less than that on Nov5 fireworks all together! It could of course be good value at that price I don't know! but I'd take some convincing unless I'd seen a real or inert one or seen the video.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#35 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:03 PM

This is footage of another one, from the same range £15 firework - those bursts, though, do look like flash-bursts, so possibly this is 1.3G - I'm not sure.

#36 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

well it's not 1.3G

#37 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

Well, if they can create bursts like that , and remain within 1.4G regualtions, then that's very impressive indeed.

I'm not being facetious.

Edited by David, 13 July 2009 - 09:00 PM.

#38 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

At £150 it's got to be well supported by the importers in terms of real pictures and videos to convince that it's really worth the money! Some people spend less than that on Nov5 fireworks all together! It could of course be good value at that price I don't know! but I'd take some convincing unless I'd seen a real or inert one or seen the video.

Yeah, it's prudent to wait to see an actual unit being fired, or at least videos that are of actual UK stock. (This isn't directed at Brothers specifically, as it can refer to all brands.)

Edited by David, 13 July 2009 - 09:30 PM.

#39 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:22 AM

Doesn't look like flash to me as the bursts do not start with a very bright flash like all flash based shells do. The shells will simply use a good quality black powder grain, maybe with some sort of booster? and good confinement.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#40 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

For not much more than £150 you can get a damn good display pack from kimbolton,containing 38 decent fireworks,this cake would have to be stupendous for me to even consider it.

#41 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

I should add that £150 (for Midnight) is the RRP- not everyone will be selling it at that price, of course.

#42 cpfireworks

cpfireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:29 AM

Well did anyone attend last nights trade demo? I would love to know what people think of the new brothers stuff. For me Tivoli stole the show but then again I knew it would lol.

#43 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

Well did anyone attend last nights trade demo? I would love to know what people think of the new brothers stuff. For me Tivoli stole the show but then again I knew it would lol.

Are you a Brother's rep? No problem, just asking. :) It's useful to know, for questions etc.

I didn't go to the demo, but then, I'm not trade!

Based on the videos I've seen Brothers look to have brought some quality items in this year. Personally I'm on a limited budget, but I'll certainly try some.

Edited by David, 15 August 2009 - 10:51 AM.

#44 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

Was hoping to get over but other commitments stoped me.

So CP what other items did you like?
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#45 cpfireworks

cpfireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

Was hoping to get over but other commitments stoped me.

So CP what other items did you like?

ok these are my faves but other people liked different stuff.

I loved tivoli god thats good but other stuff that stood out
Starring lovely big breaks on a £8 cake!
Siren call (wow the 3 stage whistle comets get to some height!)
Shockwave was very nice
VE day was a very pleasant surprise the dvd does not do it justice.
Chimera is stunning lovely glitter
I was surprised how good iron man is for cat 2
and Fanfare what a bargain!

Everything nice and loud! and all 1.4g

Hope you can get to one of the other firings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users