185 replies to this topic

#136 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

I'm expecting most things around were I live to be toned down this year as most people buy from Supermarkets and seasonal shops, only a couple buy from all year round stores.

I was less than impressed with the Preston seasonals last year, in all honesty. A few years ago there were some really good ones.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#137 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

I was less than impressed with the Preston seasonals last year, in all honesty. A few years ago there were some really good ones.

Same here, all I saw were Bull Dog stores and Supermarkets with maybe the odd papershop stocking stuff. Only decent one was the papershop stocking Epic stuff down the road from me.

I know a heck of a lot of people in Preston buy from Bull Dog fireworks around Bonfire night as they usually have a lot of shops open in the area and I hope they have decent new lines in as the stuff I got for new years eve (£5 cake range) used to be very good, but now seem to be new reg and very poor.

Surely they wont stock the same lines but just new reg, if they do it's going to be very weak stuff available.

I know B&M Bargains are due to open in the old Big D's store in Preston this month, largest branch in the North West it will be so maybe they will have fireworks ready for opening, usually stock a few Men Shun bits.

#138 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:04 PM

Same here, all I saw were Bull Dog stores and Supermarkets with maybe the odd papershop stocking stuff. Only decent one was the papershop stocking Epic stuff down the road from me.

I know a heck of a lot of people in Preston buy from Bull Dog fireworks around Bonfire night as they usually have a lot of shops open in the area and I hope they have decent new lines in as the stuff I got for new years eve (£5 cake range) used to be very good, but now seem to be new reg and very poor.

Surely they wont stock the same lines but just new reg, if they do it's going to be very weak stuff available.

Bulldog do have a new range, but I personnally am cautious about trying it without seeing video samples first.

#139 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:35 PM

Just to re focus this thread - Quiet fireworks must be for dummies Posted Image boom boom !!

Well, I'm doing a little show tommorrow, and noise is an issue, so I'll be using a selection of quiet stuff. B)

Some of it is old spec, some of it new spec. It's not as if quiet fireworks are a "new" thing.

Edited by David, 01 October 2009 - 03:37 PM.

#140 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

Well, I'm doing a little show tommorrow, and noise is an issue, so I'll be using a selection of quiet stuff. Posted Image

Some of it is old spec, some of it new spec. It's not as if quiet fireworks are a "new" thing.

Good luck with the quiet display.

I assume you have young children attending - Please dont tell me you have adults who are actually into quiet fireworks ?
Blasphemy !!!Posted Image

On a relative note - I see someone else (a regular forum contributor) is advocating an "e petition" to stop the futher demise of our beloved fireworks. Its on the general discussion forum.
Cmon lets get behind this proposal !

#141 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

Good luck with the quiet display.

I assume you have young children attending - Please dont tell me you have adults who are actually into quiet fireworks ?
Blasphemy !!!Posted Image

Yep, young child and also the area isn't appropriate for massive ammounts of noise. So a quiet display it was!

For small fireworks, the blackpowder bursts, crackle and comets etc were fine.

Noticeably quieter than even the very small old spec stuff, though.

#142 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:57 AM

One thing I've noticed with the louder fireworks is that they do hold people's attention!

#143 Epic Fireworks

Epic Fireworks

Pyro Grand Master

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

Youre welcome Posted Image so are they landing in time or not? Posted Image

King Hell have landed. Posted Image

http://epicfireworks...&products_id=42

Epic Fireworks
Wentworth Business Park
Maple Road
Tankersley
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S75 3DL

Tel - 01226 749 587
Fax - 01226 361 858

#144 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 03:19 AM

From what I've seen this year of the new 1.4G stuff, they do appear to have done some work on giving it something of a "bang" as opposed to the "crisp bag pop."

#145 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:12 PM

From what I've seen this year of the new 1.4G stuff, they do appear to have done some work on giving it something of a "bang" as opposed to the "crisp bag pop."

Can you put sme kind of comparison on the "bang" David ?

#146 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 07:35 PM

Can you put sme kind of comparison on the "bang" David ?

Humm...... Loud enough that it could clearly be called "a bang" and not a pop, but not the really booming loud volume of some old school fireworks.

#147 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

Humm...... Loud enough that it could clearly be called "a bang" and not a pop, but not the really booming loud volume of some old school fireworks.

Maybe it would be good to use the loudest currently available CAT 3 as a benchmark - and that gets us right back to my original request at the start of this thread Posted Image

#148 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

Maybe it would be good to use the loudest currently available CAT 3 as a benchmark - and that gets us right back to my original request at the start of this thread Posted Image

It's not easy to say. Presumbaly you mean loudest currently available CAT 3 made to comply with new regs?

#149 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:40 PM

It's not easy to say. Presumbaly you mean loudest currently available CAT 3 made to comply with new regs?

Yep - the loudest CAT 3 legally available to joe public, the consumer.

#150 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:14 AM

I was firing some bits last night, generally stuff in the £5-£7 price range, and it did have a nice bit of volume to it. Not car-alarm setting off loud, but certainly a couple of notches above the "crisp bag pop" style burst.

To give some idea, it could be heard indoors, and was noticable as fireworks, at the nearest building, which was a (converted) farmhouse about 250 yards away. That said, it was a still night, with little other noise (no cars etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users