33 replies to this topic

#31 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:40 AM

So most companies have raised their prices, GNF by a minimum of £5 per firework often more over 2008 prices. Epic have removed the free items for collection and had some price increases and im sure other retailers have too...

Its the same fireworks, possibly even some of the same stock, did they really need to add to their prices to cover the credit crunch? or increased fuel cost? But at £5 minimum per firework in most cases its cutting the value you get.

Is this the pattern we will see from now on untill no one can afford them? I certainly hope not!

The vast majority are of sellers are stocked up now- what do you think? Are the prices notably more expensive?

It looks to me like there is a balance- some lines have gone up, but big prices rises "across the board" don't seem to have happened. Which is good.

Most shops, too, have varied their ranges from last year.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#32 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

dont know, I bought most of mine at last years prices before they put them up!

#33 parachutelight

parachutelight

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

I have found prices haven't changed much this year overall,in fact, i have found some real bargains around.A local newsagent is selling off a lot of old spec. Black Cat and others at less than half-price such as ringshell rockets for £4.99 and Galaxy for £7.99.Another place well worth a visit is Stealth fireworks in Totton,Near Southampton.They have a lot of three for two offers on old spec. stuff like Cube,F.I.,T.N.T. etc ,i certainly got a lot of good loud stuff for a lot less than i had budgeted for! My local garden centre has switched to Dancing Red Devil this year and it is all half R.R.P.,so i urge you all to shop around,there are some real bargains out there!

#34 chimp

chimp

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

My local garden centre has switched to Dancing Red Devil this year and it is all half R.R.P.,so i urge you all to shop around,there are some real bargains out there!

A bargain is only a bargain if the price paid is actually less than the value of the item bought...

I don't wish to preach, but please be careful with half rrp offers - some rrp's are way over the true worth of the product. Before assuming you're facing a bargain please check if the product is actually being sold at the quoted full price elsewhere (often it's not).

Look for a reputable brand.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users