#16 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:43 PM

Karl

Any thread that encourages posting video clips of Amatuer pyro would be great :) ..

Minalth i cant seem to open your zipped video clip? Windows Xp says unknow compression?.. I have tried to open io both my laptop and Big PC :(

#17 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:56 PM

Same here, wont open! 10g ouch, poor comet! Well Sasman i think you should be getting some of your shells up there with the clouds soon, been ages since we saw any of your handy work. As soon as i get my ass in gear and build a star roller i can build some cracking shells, colour changers, Dark relays. I need magnaillium and ammonium perc next as i want strobes for pistils in my shells. I think we should have a thread dedicated for video footage of our work or some kind of site holding all our stuff as a group! :D

#18 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:02 PM

I usually film or photograph my creations, but I seldomly post anything. This is because I don't think that it will lead to any thing usefull, or sometimes I'm just to lazy to post something.

The last few month I have made a lot of pyro progress. Most of this has been incorperated in my new pyro page.
But as allways the lack of time is an important factor, forcing me to concentrate on my projects and not as much on posting and recording what I have done.

Edited by Yugen-biki, 12 December 2005 - 08:24 PM.

#19 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:04 AM

Sas I promise I will have video footage up within a couple of weeks time and software permitting. I have a few of my devices on film but at the moment I have no way of getting them on my computer. I have the iLink for a clear transfer rate but no program to convert the footage to a viewable format. I just ordered Final Cut Express HD for my PowerMac G5 so I will have some nice video soon!

Unfortunately I havent filmed about 80% of my projects as I never thought to at the time. Dont worry it was just a few mines and smokes...ooo and one decent repeater.

My order from Wolter just shipped today so my list of upcoming projects includes a lot of whistles, lots of comets, and hopefully some of my own ideas actually being made. Ill try to keep you guys satisfied ;)

#20 tdpyro

tdpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:27 PM

I have recompressed the Comet video that me and Tom (minalth) did the other week. I have used divx format so you should all be able to view it now, it's a lot smaller too. It must have been at least 80 ft. tall :D
Comet Video

Edited by tdpyro, 23 September 2005 - 12:51 PM.

If you make it idiot proof, then they will just make a better idiot.

#21 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

Nice comet/mine. If that performed as it should it probably would have been an amazing comet! Nonetheless it still made a very nice mine.

Would anyone mind posting vids in the future in mpeg format?(There is no divX codec for Macs)

#22 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:32 PM

Tdpyro

I managed to get the first zip unzipped using winzip :) ..

I like the nice silver commet on the left.. but the right hand comets didnt convert to well in the video.. :) ..Some of the best pyro that leaves you drooling never seems to capture on videO :( ..

What where the right hand comets.?were they different comets?..I have never made any silver flitter comets?.. & envious of any one who has made e'm...But yours looked scrumpious..

I also liked the close up picture of your comets it looked like something you may see on passfire.... Titanium brocade.. Drrooooll sounds flippin brilliant.. :D ..I hope i can find time to add nice little touches to my jpegs..

You pictured that cavity comet ..is that the one in the video?

Have you any more clips ? if so lets please posst e'm

#23 tdpyro

tdpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:48 PM

sasman

Thanks for your comments.

Streamer Comet

The effect on the right is TigerTail, it came out really well and had such a long hang time, but as you said some of the best effects just don't get picked up on video :(.
I was really happy with the silver streamer / flitter on the left of the vid, it is a black powder based composition with which I added some of my homemade , very coarse (10-20mesh) titanium flake. As the silver filtter burns it make a very pleasing fizzle which really adds to the effect.
You may just be able to make out 4 white stars with no tail that rise up in the middle at the top, this is the remains of the organic white star composition.
The funny thing is that it should have been a single cavity comet but I'd put way too much lift it, so it basically mined. The lift just broke the comet up into lots of stars, so it became a very effective mine ;).
I will be doing quite a few fireworks over the next few weeks , and I will try to film them. It would be great to see yours as well , I loved watching your spherical shells that you were posting last year.

italteen3

Do you know of any good Codecs for the MPEG format? I like using divX because the file size is small and the quality is still good.

Edited by tdpyro, 23 September 2005 - 01:03 PM.

#24 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:42 PM

I love to see vids of peoples stuff! keep them coming
I never seem to get round to make many videos though, maninly because i dont have a good camera, but also i tend to be too lazy to bother getting it out & set up.
This is the last vid i made with a digital cam.
Red organic star test
I only videoed it caus i wanted to look back at the results later, it was a red formula i hadnt used before. Next time i make something more dramatic ill try and remember to get the cam out.

Edited by ProfHawking, 23 September 2005 - 06:50 PM.

#25 tdpyro

tdpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:50 PM

ProfHawking that is a great looking mine, the red seems very intense and saturated, what composition did you use for this?

Even if you only have a low quality digital camera, I still think it's great to record and share any firework videos.

Edited by tdpyro, 23 September 2005 - 05:52 PM.

#26 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:34 AM

Nice mine Prof :D

What was the size, spec, comp?

Strontium/Blesser 2"...?
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#27 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:04 AM

Yes very nice reds...very tasty..Is that a Chlorate or Perchlorate based star?

#28 raiderzone

raiderzone

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 01:31 PM

Here is a small 2 Oz BP rocket that I made and set off last night.

http://raiderzon.pyr...ideo/2oz_tt.mpg

Specs:
Case: 3/8" x 3"
Tooling: Wolter Pyro Tools
Stabilizer: 15" bamboo
Head: 1" x 1" canister with drinking straw canulle fillled with 70/30
Stars: 1/4" pumped Tiger Tail Outer, with blesser white strobe on the inner section.
Fuel: 6/3/1 with 10% ti in the delay section

The rocket worked ok except the blesser white strobe microstars never took fire. I
pulled a bonehead move and thought I could get away without priming them. Also,
on future rockets, I need to provide more delay section so it reaches greater heights.

Keep the videos coming!

#29 al69

al69

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

Thats a very nice rocket. the tiger stars looked very nice!. I bet the rocket looked better in rela lifew though.
Can i ask what composition you used for the tigertails? thanks, oh and was that a titanium or an aluminium tail?
check out my ebay sales
http://search.ebay.c...ssZpyromaster69

#30 tdpyro

tdpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:18 PM

Hi guys,
Great looking work so far, lets keep this thread going.

Here is a picture of a 2 inch brocade mine we did last night. It had a great hang time and produced a really nice gold colour.

Brocade Mine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users