176 replies to this topic

#16 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

OK then

I have spoken about possible dates and here are the two options for the main day event.

Saturday 25th September, or
Saturday 2nd of October

Please lets have a show of hands for which date you would like.

It is looking like it will be a great day. With talks on the legislation, group work on demolition charges (making a sovenier or two to take home), and a full sfx scene right down to blowing up and launching a car!

I hope that we can get a full itinerary by the end of the week.
Phew that was close.

#17 Gavin

Gavin

• UKPS Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

2nd October please

#18 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:41 PM

Either Ok for me ATM...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#19 Rick

Rick

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:32 PM

Nothing in diary atm, would appreciate quick decision on dates though. cheers Rick

#20 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

Either date suits me, but I would like to ask what facilities there will be for camping and who else may be considering camping too?
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#21 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

I believe the site has minimal hole in the floor toilet. However we intend to hire proper toilets for the weekend.

Regarding running water I will find out more.
Phew that was close.

#22 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

Pencil me in, can't confirm yet
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#23 Candle

Candle

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Please include the candle, sounds like a great weekend.

#24 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Christina is also interested - plus Matt has said he will come and film the proceedings for us...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#25 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

Either dates are fine with me, I would certainly be up for camping, facilities or no facilities : )

#26 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

There may be Travel Lodge TYPE hotels in the area for people wanting proper facilities overnight.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#27 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

OK then

I have spoken about possible dates and here are the two options for the main day event.

Saturday 25th September, or
Saturday 2nd of October

Please lets have a show of hands for which date you would like.

It is looking like it will be a great day. With talks on the legislation, group work on demolition charges (making a sovenier or two to take home), and a full sfx scene right down to blowing up and launching a car!

I hope that we can get a full itinerary by the end of the week.

Id just like to note the British musical firework championship is on the october date.

#28 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:26 PM

OK Then

We did want to put on the Event Horizon SFX course especially for the UKPS members. However it would appear that the cost was a bit of a barrier to getting the numbers up.

So........

We now have the opportunity to provide the following course especially for the UKPS members presented by a well known face at the institute of explosive engineers.

The course will be an introduction to high explosives and their use in battlefield simulation and demolition.

The event will be held in Kent at a site with an appropriate HE storage licence (Camping facilities will be available).

It will be turn up Friday evening, get to know everyone. Saturday will be some classroom work followed by a big dose of practical work in the field so to speak.

Social on the Saturday night.

Clear up and depart on Sunday.

Further details of the course will be available shortly.

We need about 15 people to make the course run (max 20). The cost will be £100 per head. The course will be for anyone here, however priority will be given to fully paid up members of the UKPS.

This course is an introduction to the topics involved and does not constitute training towards any formal qualification. You won't be able to go and buy C4 after doing this course (although you will get to play with it on the day). You will be asked to sign to say that you are not a prohibited person with regard to explosives. More details on what this means will be provided.

It should be a great event with an inspiring host. So lets have a show of hands of those who would like to attend this event.

Digger,

Are we going to need any PPE?

Can we build a traditional camp fire in the camping area? or would this infringe on regulations?

Whereabouts in Kent is it being held? and is it possible to attend the event over the weekend, even if you don`t want to camp on site over night?

#29 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

I'd really like to attend one of these courses. Sat 2nd is probably best for me although I could probably do the 25th if no other options.

One of my pyro buddies is also really interested (although he is not a UKPS member) If there are any places left can he be considered?

#30 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

It is looking like it is going to be on the second of October.

Yes all are welcome.

I will try and do an update this weekend.

I will be asking for cheques to be sent in very soon as it is now getting close.
Phew that was close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users