• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

Yeah Im thinking about going on one of the courses that ASP run just wanted to double check that this would fully cover me for using all different kinds of pyros.
Dont really want to pay for a course and then it not cover me for everything that I want the training for.

Thanks for all your replies :D

Lauraa:-

The buzz phase of the times (in pyro and everything else) is 'competent person'. There seems to be very few trades or hobbies where you pass a test and get a licence (like driving a car). Which frankly I would rather see.

So if you do the ASP course (which is good & excellent value) you will have improved your 'competence'.

If you want to purchase CAT4 you will need insurance & registered storage, but to use it you only need to be 'competent'.

All a bit unsatisfactory to my mind, but that's how it is...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#17 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

The latest news from the committees on the pyro directive, is that they don't yet have a definition of the border between T1 and T2. However Lincoln Parkhouse who is the leader of the ASP and the principal tutor for the courses it teaches is one of the UK representatives on the EU committee discussing T1/T2 so he will be the first to know what falls where and whether the ASP course is adequate, and if it isn't -he'll change it!

One of the basic rules of stage pyro is the use of ready made explosive articles -maroons, flashes and flames etc. If you need to use explosive substances for SFX then the Society's course* will assist you and the BECTU course will assist you get the certification needed to posses and safely use the materials.

* http://www.pyrosocie...dpost__p__70809

Edited by Arthur Brown, 29 January 2011 - 07:01 PM.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#18 Lincoln-Just FX

Lincoln-Just FX

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Edited by Lincoln-Just FX, 11 September 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#19 OnePoundMarc

OnePoundMarc

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

Oh my looks like the restrictions are about to be in full force,all of those classifications are for the purpose of collecting money,i mean protecting the public from themselves,sounds like the American Homeland security wont belong before you go to get charcoal and youll need a explosives license,how do people get pyro supplies and tools over there?need any? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users