52 replies to this topic

#16 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:29 PM

it's prob just me.....But come on , there been addvised from peeps in the know...Easy, simple as!!!No dis-respect........Only went through 3 pages!!!!!

a faceless, nameless, 3rd hand person in the know...

#17 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

I'm not trying to stir the pot, just trying to point out that its not quite as straight forward where interpretation is concerned.

#18 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:08 AM

The last thing I want is to "start" on here, only did that once. I may be faceless, nameless but I understand what I can and can't do with regards to the fusing of CAT3!!! And I'm not some "Third handed" person in the know.

Edited by portfire, 04 December 2010 - 06:13 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#19 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:26 AM

Well there certainly no need to "start" - as far as the UKFR is concerned the information is coming to them via a third party and from someone who isn't names and can't/wont introduce themselves.

If you feel the urge to "start" then obviously my point has been missed, I shall leave you to it - was only trying to explain the possible resistance to simply accepting what is a complete U Turn on what UKFR has always followed.

#20 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

Starsky72 I appologise, it was early and i'm not the best person at that time in the morning. I can see where your coming from... BTW it's Dean :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#21 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

no probs Dean :)

#22 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:48 AM

OK chaps, all stay cool!

Faceless people - It's your right to stay faceless on forums. I have chosen not to.

Exat808 is a senior figure in 'the establishment' and it would not be appropriate for him to identify himself with any particular firework organization. However, many of us know who he is and have met him. He's also offered to assist in organizing a face to face seminar about these matters - can't say fairer than that! If it comes off and you attend, all will be revealed...

I dropped Pryo Pete an email about this yesterday & he was very positive and friendly. They just wish to be 100% sure about the law. They are certainly interested in attending a joint event, though the committee will have to talk about this & decide what we want to do.

I think by our very nature UKPS members are - how can I put this kindly - 'free thinkers' & UKFR members probably generally hold a more mainstream opinion - there is room for everyone.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#23 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

good news, after the advice of Exat808, other members of this forum and uk fireworks forum, After 10 years the firework forum have decided to change their policy to allow the discussion on firework fusing by non firework professionals.:D

Well done UKPS, now maybe we can urge cat 3 firework shops to stock fuse at a good price :P

#24 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:02 AM

So what would you guys consider a "fair" retail price for 1m of quickmatch or visco then?

#25 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

So what would you guys consider a "fair" retail price for 1m of quickmatch or visco then?

£10 for 50m of visco and upto £20 for 50m of quickmatch. That should leave plenty of profit in it.
Phew that was close.

#26 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:36 PM

now I would feel genuinely uncomfortable selling a full skein of Quickmatch to Joe Public

#27 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

now I would feel genuinely uncomfortable selling a full skein of Quickmatch to Joe Public

Can't think it's any more dangerous than a large cake, or a gallon of petrol or a carving knife... perhaps we ought not go there before they get banned too!

My attitude is always, allow people to display their common sense & punish them if they don't, if you legislate against the ones who are idiots or criminals, it's mainly the good guys that suffer...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#28 helix

helix

• UKPS Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

Can't think it's any more dangerous than a large cake, or a gallon of petrol or a carving knife... perhaps we ought not go there before they get banned too!

My attitude is always, allow people to display their common sense & punish them if they don't, if you legislate against the ones who are idiots or criminals, it's mainly the good guys that suffer...

I would agree

The Scottish government seems hell bent on making it illegal to have an airgun without a licence because of a few plonkers.

#29 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:12 PM

But i bet if you had a vehicle to sell you would be happy to sell that to a member of the public :rolleyes:

Edited by starseeker, 06 December 2010 - 10:14 PM.

#30 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

But i bet if you had a vehicle to sell you would be happy to sell that to a member of the public :rolleyes:

I like this comment because how many people die because of RTA's my old man used to be a highways maintainence RTA clean up man n the scenes hes told me about are truly horrific. How many people are killed each year to FUSE? Ide bet none, maybe a couple to fireworks and thats at a push.

When you sell a vehicle have you asked to see both parts of their driving licence? I bet not so therefore you could be selling that vehicle to anybody.

Not jumpin on the band wagon at anybody here but it does seem far to many peoply think along the lines of " guilty until proven innocent" Instead of " Innocent until proven guilty" Thats just my 2 pennies worth anyways. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users