Buying chemicals.

• Please log in to reply
1235 replies to this topic

#1171 pyromaniac303

pyromaniac303

• UKPS Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:45 PM

Oh right, just taken a look at that and it looks excellent, as its only 20% of the star it shouldnt cause too much of a problem then. Might have to give that one a try in the next couple of days as I was thinking of making a batch of red, green and blue microstars for candle-mines for new year.
You can never have a long enough fuse...

#1172 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

Its been a while since I have posted here, if there are any Australians interested in purchasing anything (well, nearly anything) from this list PM me :)

#1173 Sambo

Sambo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

I thought I would add a reply in here as many probably don't venture down to the rocket section.
I'm after some sodium salicylate and copper oxychloride, does anyone know of a supplier of either at a reasonable price or anyone have some they want to sell?
Currently firing for Pendragon Fireworks

#1174 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:17 AM

The only places I can find that sells Sodium Salicylate are PyroWorx but at £8.90 for 100g is a rip-off, keten also sells it at a good price but there have been issues with long delivery times and lack of communication, he also has copper oxychloride, not much help I'm afraid.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#1175 Sambo

Sambo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:48 AM

Thanks fflash, This place also sells a bit cheaper at about £6/100g - still a major rip off.
I would order from keten but if he is messing people around who are ordering a fair few £££, my tiny order is going to be on hold for a while!
I might just have to bite the bullet and order from the states.

Edited by Sambo, 21 August 2009 - 07:50 AM.

Currently firing for Pendragon Fireworks

#1176 StephF

StephF

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:15 PM

Whoa ! major overcharge !

You can get a kilo of that for nearly the same price.

Check out your favourite online auction marketplace

#1177 karmeck

karmeck

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

I can see keten get loot of bad rep from uk buyers. Well Im from Sweden and think keten is the best, ordered some tubes from him and it took only 2 days to get them here. Keten did visit Sweden and I was lucky enuff to get to meet him, we spoke for 3 hours. I did ask why delivery take so long, he said he send all orders on Fridays, so if you order on a Monday you have to wait. He take time answering emails but that is because he is only one person handling all of them. The thing about orders taking moths to ship is a thing of the past.

#1178 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Sadly Mr Keten earned his tardy reputation with a series of three month delivery times, and just failing to reply to emails. He may have changed but.....
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#1179 StephF

StephF

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:30 AM

I caught Mr K**** out on several occasions lying & cheating.

He even tried once to send a jpeg of proof of delivery which was for a previous order and not the order he claimed it was.

Also after a several month wait for a large shipment I had to get Paypal to adjudicate on a dispute.

He didnt even bother trying to enter any counterclaim or reason for non supply and I got my funds back.

He was saying "Slow delivery is a thing of the past, every thing has changed" back when I ordered from him.
I can't see a Leopard changing its spots!

I think the bottom line here is CAVEAT EMPTOR which for non Latin speakers means "Let the buyer beware"

I got stung and am not looking to repeat the process.

Quote by karmeck: "The thing about orders taking moths to ship is a thing of the past."
No wonder Keten's delivery is so slow if he is using moths to deliver his air-mail :D

Edited by StephF, 26 September 2009 - 06:35 AM.

#1180 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

I caught Mr K**** out on several occasions lying & cheating.

He even tried once to send a jpeg of proof of delivery which was for a previous order and not the order he claimed it was.

Also after a several month wait for a large shipment I had to get Paypal to adjudicate on a dispute.

He didnt even bother trying to enter any counterclaim or reason for non supply and I got my funds back.

He was saying "Slow delivery is a thing of the past, every thing has changed" back when I ordered from him.
I can't see a Leopard changing its spots!

I think the bottom line here is CAVEAT EMPTOR which for non Latin speakers means "Let the buyer beware"

I got stung and am not looking to repeat the process.

Quote by karmeck: "The thing about orders taking moths to ship is a thing of the past."
No wonder Keten's delivery is so slow if he is using moths to deliver his air-mail :D

You mean they stopped using Owls? I was going to use one to ship an exotic charcoal order myself, you know, just the spirit of the season...

#1181 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

If your shipping from the UK to anywhere (even if its to you as long as its picked up in the UK) then Ive found Pharos parcel services very good.

#1182 Gary

Gary

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:23 PM

Has anyone bought chems from pyroworx? They stock reasonably-priced chlorine donors (parlon, pvc powder), but the asking price of some of their metallic fuels and oxidisers is a bit overkill! A good selection of pyro chems, including the more 'exotic' chems like ammonium perc, hexamine, barium chlorate, but some of these are quite pricey.

#1183 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

Has anyone bought chems from pyroworx? They stock reasonably-priced chlorine donors (parlon, pvc powder), but the asking price of some of their metallic fuels and oxidisers is a bit overkill! A good selection of pyro chems, including the more 'exotic' chems like ammonium perc, hexamine, barium chlorate, but some of these are quite pricey.

What a lunatic. He's charging what comes to be $13.23 for 50 grams of dark aluminum, with about the same price being charged for 100g of ammonium perchlorate. I would happily sell members 50 grams for $3.50 if they didn't already have it.

$6 for 100g of copper carbonate?

:blink:

I wonder if he's that same lad on eBay who was selling pyro-dextrin for $4.50 for 100g. If you're going to aim that high when it comes to prices you better have paid nothing for your investment because I guarantee nobody is going to buy from you.

#1184 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

reasonably-priced

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#1185 AdmiralDonSnider

AdmiralDonSnider

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:15 AM

I keep having problems to find an accaptably prized source for ammonium perchlorate. Keten´s 30Eur or so per kg are ridiculous (if you take the fact into account that the industrial prize is only slightly larger than that of KClO4).

If anyone knows a good source, please share!!

Nitroparis has it, but do they really sell to individuals? They keep offering in the Passfire forum (potassium perchlorate currently) but has any individual ever received an order from them??

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users