Photo

UKPS 2013 Gathering & Experimentation Day - 21st September - Near Stevenage, Hertfordshire.

experimentation event fireworks gathering

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#46 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

Munroe effect artwork?

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#47 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

I would like to experiment with the internal fusing on Cat 2/3 cakes, so I can get them to fire as individual shots or on 'banks' of 4 etc.

Eventually I want to electrically fire them with my system for a 'mini pyromusical' in my garden

Would this be permitted ?

We've thrashed this out before and come to the conclusion that it is completely within the law to do this... Bring them along!

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#48 megabusa

megabusa

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks Phil !

#49 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Here is another one for the list.

Coloured smoke is just a pile of composition, so I will bring along a few dyes, chlorate and lactose.

Phew that was close.

#50 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

Can bring along my 12v ball mill if anybody needs any milling to be done, about 1½ hours to fully integrate 100g BP.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#51 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

Can bring along my 12v ball mill if anybody needs any milling to be done, about 1½ hours to fully integrate 100g BP.

Sounds good, do you have a clean jar for milling AP?

Phew that was close.

#52 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'll bring some detonators and C4 to do a shaped charge firing I've been wanting to do for a while, but haven't had enough time on the range to do.

I'll being a few extra detonators and a little more C4 so these can be used as boosters for Diggers Ammonium Perchlorate experiments.

If anyone has go an idea for something they'd like to try, post it on here, so it can be discussed and assessed before the event, if we think we can do any of the suggestions while staying on the right side of the law, then we'll give them a try.

Anyone interested in flash powder speed contests? - Fastest time over a 1 metre distance.

Someone has threatened to bring an oxygen/hydrogen generator to fill a weather balloon, which we can send up to a height before converting the gases back into water.

Other ideas welcome - get posting.

Steve

I am up for the flash powder speed test,should be interesting.

#53 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I am up for the flash powder speed test,should be interesting.

yep should be, however it will require some interesting compositions to win given the simplicity of standard mixes. Also will need to be careful that safety is observed given the danger of some of the very exotic mixes.

Phew that was close.

#54 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Sounds good, do you have a clean jar for milling AP?

I will make a new jar for AP, best to be safe. Will need some new lead media as well ½” who is selling that size, anybody know. Bit out of touch with sellers at the moment.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#55 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

I will make a new jar for AP, best to be safe. Will need some new lead media as well ½” who is selling that size, anybody know. Bit out of touch with sellers at the moment.

I can bring along my furnace, a mold, lead and some antimony if the weather is good and you can cast them on the day if you want.

G

Phew that was close.

#56 Pyromancer

Pyromancer

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Monroe Effect Artwork - or 'Leaf Prints', as they are known, yes, we can do that.

I'll bring along the energetic materials required.

If anyone wants to do one and take the artwork home, then they'll need to bring a piece of stainless steel plate with them (not less than 100mm x 100mm and 4mm thick) - Mild steel will do, but doesn't look as good as the results you get on Stainless.

I could also demonstrate some Shockwave Refraction Tape - a neat explosive means of severing metal plates.

Thanks for you input, keep the ideas coming.

Steve

#57 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

yep should be, however it will require some interesting compositions to win given the simplicity of standard mixes. Also will need to be careful that safety is observed given the danger of some of the very exotic mixes.

I was thinking  that it might only be the fairly standard mixes we could use due to some of the exotic mixes just going bang.

#58 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

I was thinking  that it might only be the fairly standard mixes we could use due to some of the exotic mixes just going bang.

Maybe someone could lend us one of these. :)

Bombsuit_zps34439dcc.jpg

Edited by Vic, 04 September 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#59 charlie3

charlie3

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

If anyone wants to do one and take the artwork home, then they'll need to bring a piece of stainless steel plate with them (not less than 100mm x 100mm and 4mm thick) - Mild steel will do, but doesn't look as good as the results you get on Stainless.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4602f05ff5

C.

#60 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

Sounds good Steve, is this suitable steel? ... http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45f1b685e0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: experimentation, event, fireworks, gathering

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users