72 replies to this topic

#31 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 11:06 AM

Will anybody be going to Stanford Hall next weekend? (www.fireworkchampions.co.uk)

I'll be there (crewing)
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#32 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:25 PM

Your actualy going to do some work for a change.. :P

Adam, if I am not doing any displays next weekend I will definately be up there. You crewing for MLE ?

Might as well throw this question in for either You or Richard, any reason why this competition has gone from semi-pro to pro ? .. doesnt leave any competitions for the semi pro guy's or was there not much interest from that sector any more ?

Anyway, hope to see you next weekend, will be nice to watch someone else working there ass off for a change. If I dont get up there, have a great display.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#33 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:46 PM

I shall also be there covering the event! Always happy to meet up with any forum members who will be going along...

#34 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:05 PM

There was lots of interest from public teams, but due to insurance reasons it wouldn't work out to cover them. Because firers with insurance are taking part, they are covered by their own insurance. Unfortunately it was the only way to keep the competition going.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#35 Greg T

Greg T

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:40 PM

This event sounds incredible.

Just the kind of thing I'd like to see.

I'd love to come up there, but think it might take a fair time travelling up from the South Coast.

Will see what I can do!!

Greg

#36 Yugen-biki

Yugen-biki

Pyro is forever

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:44 PM

I would love to see some firework shows in the UK. We don't have many shows here and I find it sad. Fireworks is one of the most beautiful artforms!
The "only" problem is to get to the show. Maby some time in the future when I have got enough money and time.

#37 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

I have had a run of bad luck this week I think i fell ill this week because i had set no pyro off while i was on holiday not sure if its withdrawl symptoms.. :) .

.Then my car broke down on the way back from a lands end Fireworks display only a small display largest Shell they fired was 5" .. Then!!! Broke down again on the way back and had to be towed 300 miles home :angry: ..and then Sods law steps in and My Gf car broke down with a blown head gasket :wacko: ..So i have been stuck without a car for the past week orso ..But hopefully Her car will be road worthy tomorrow so I should be there at Stanford Hall on saturday :) AAAARRRHHGGG!! and to rub it in even further Mercedes Rings me up the other day and says sorry But the Jockey pulley i have been waiting for Had to be sent back because it was the wrong size... delivery is another 4 days :wacko: ...

#38 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:32 PM

Should have come to Cowes Week - Isle of White... we fired 4 x 12" willow shells as part of the finale to a 20 minute display :P now that would be worth the car breaking down and having to be towed 300 miles home.

Mark

Edited by The_Djinn, 19 August 2004 - 06:34 PM.

KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#39 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:23 PM

We shall have to arrange a meet-up. If everyone who is going PM's me or The_Djinn with their mobile numbers and time of arrival we will co-ordinate a mini gathering :)

#40 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 11:06 AM

Great show at Stanford Hall. Congratulations to all involved.
Hope to see you at Shugborough on the 4th

CHEERS! :D
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#41 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:58 PM

Hope everyone had a good evening. Wish I could've been there. Anyone get any good footage? (I can host if nessicairy).

I'm starting to get all itchy about Shugborough, I'm going to be 21 the morning after, so y'all better start making me presents :D

#42 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:32 AM

It was great meeting a few of you guys yesterday, What a fantastic evening with some really excellent displays! Photo's to follow.

#43 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 12:39 PM

It was great meeting a few of you guys yesterday, What a fantastic evening with some really excellent displays! Photo's to follow.

View Post

Top night! nice to meet up with some of you forum members. *Happy 21st to Creepin_Pyro*. Hope you had a good one. Cant wait for the photos Richard. I took some video, but it was a borrowed camera so if i get any descent footage i will post on the forum.

Cheers

Paul
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#44 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 06:23 AM

Well Shugborough is fast approaching again and I for one am really looking forward to it.

For those of you who don't know, this event has become one of the UK Rocketry forums usual meetups. A lot of the forum members attend and it's a good chance to meet up and chat pyro all night. With that in mind, I'd like to propose a meetup plan.

Behind Shugborough is a small village called Great Haywood, which has a really nice pub called "The Clifford Arms" in it. You can easily walk to the showsite from the pub [takes about 5-10 mins].

I shall be in this pub from about 4pm onwards, and would be pleased to stand any forum member who comes along a drink.

PS: For those forum members under 18, the establishment has a beergarden accessible without having to go through pub.

Edited by RegimentalPyro, 25 August 2005 - 06:28 AM.

#45 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:17 AM

Sounds good Regimental, looking forward to meeting and talking with the others. Who be attending the display/meeting? Can't wait to see everyone and the show!!

Karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users