• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#46 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 12:05 PM

I shall be in this pub from about 4pm onwards, and would be pleased to stand any forum member who comes along a drink.

View Post

I will be there to join you, and any others for a little aperitif old chap.
Top pub with cracking real ale, if my memory serves me right. :D
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#47 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

I will be there to join you, and any others for a little aperitif old chap.
Top pub with cracking real ale, if my memory serves me right.  :D

View Post

Yeah but have they got a singing bar man and a hairdresser? ha ha!

#48 lord_dranack

lord_dranack

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

Sadly I can't make it down to Shugborough, but is anyone going to the British Musical Fireworks Championships in southport?

#49 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 10:20 PM

Yep I will be at Southport, rigging on the MLE display to be precise. It might be possible to meet with members on the Friday or the Sunday, Saturday will be just too busy.

#50 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

I think we should go to the Irish bar!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#51 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 04:42 PM

Amen to that! If any of you guys can make it for the Friday, then you will be treated to a cannon salute performed to the 1812 Overture by 103 Regiment Artillery.

#52 lord_dranack

lord_dranack

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

I can make it on the friday- I live a few miles down the coast from southport

#53 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:38 PM

RE: Shugborough, see you all down there. I'll give Regimental or Wazi a ring when I arrive. This year they are doing an Italian fireworks demo by Orzella. Should be good :D

#54 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:55 PM

Cant wait, its going to be great! We meeting at this pub? Going to be fantastic to meet other members and swap ideas. Anyone else coming along??

#55 curious aardvark

curious aardvark

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:48 PM

the 3rd ? That's this saturday right. Can I still get tickets (or pay on the door) and can we park and leave cars in the this pub carpark ?

And is the site tour on - I know I only just joined this forum but shugborough is only about an hour away and I would LOVE to see how a serious fireworks display is rigged.

As I refuse to use a mobile phone (occupational reasons and just plain stubbornness) the pub meeting place works for me.

Can I come, pretty please :-)

Be advised I have never had anybody else to talk to about pyros - so you could end up being asked lots of questions :-)
I'm quite happy to buy the drinks :-)

You got a post code for this pub ? (well let's just look at the internet)
Clifford Arms
Main Road
Great Haywood
Stafford ST18 0SR
Tel: 01889 881321

(I'm losing track of the number of times I've modified this post lol)
Anyway hopefully anyone who doesn't know can find it from that :-)
Failing that and if you don't have autoroute, let me know and I can send you a route :-)

Edited by curious aardvark, 31 August 2005 - 01:09 PM.

Do All things with Honour and generosity: Regret nothing, Envy no-one, Apologise seldom and bow your head to No Man - works for me :-)
Oh yeah and never leave home without a lighter :-)

#56 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:34 PM

I don't know if a site tour can be organised as I do not know anyone on the firing teams this year.

You can certainly get in on the gate, although advance tickets are 25% cheaper. If I remember rightly you can book your tickets in advance at the cheaper rate, and then pick them up on the gate.

The pub does allow you to use it's carpark, although a quid in the charity collection tin is "the done thing".

If you do come along then I'l prob. be in the beergarden at the side wearing sunglasses and a leather hat. Unless it's cold / raining ofcourse <grin>

#57 minalth

minalth

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:32 PM

Hello
I had been reading these forums for long time now and have yet to post anything. Me and my friend will be hoping to get up to the Shugborough display on Saturday, so might come down to the pub and it would be interesting to have a chat with some other pyros if we can find you guys. It should be an awesome show.
If you must argue, remember that it is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.

#58 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

I'd love to come but stafford is a bit of a long shot for me. As much as I like stafford, it's my birthday on saturday, and I'm going to a chinese place with a few friends and my mother, as it is also her birthday. So b*mbing it up the motorway at 10pm after a few to drink would probably not be a too good an idea.

#59 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:11 PM

I'm not going to be able to get there this year, but last year was awesome! Hope you guys all have a great time!

#60 italteen3

italteen3

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:52 PM

Im thinking of making the journey across the Atlantic in November to see your 400th annual Guy Fawkes fireworks display. Any recomendations for a specific show, time, location, airport, hotel, etc.

Im just going to make it a weekend thing, leave Thursday night get up early Friday see if I can maybe watch one of you guys set up, or help if you still need some digging done by Friday morning I dont mind. Then sit back film the show and enjoy. Probably just leave Saturday or Sunday night so I dont miss to much College.

This is all just my plan but Id rather have the details worked out early so all I would need to do is just gather the money up. Not definate but any help would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users