72 replies to this topic

#46 spanner

spanner

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

Dodgy, and none too literate.

Quote: "...unlike some other suppliers who use fertiliser grade perfect for making model rocket engines smoke bombs or your own gunpowder.
Potassium nitrate is an oxidiser one of the most fammous it is the main engredient of gunpowder..."

#47 Pyrogeorge

Pyrogeorge

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:00 PM

Good deal: 45$/Kg charcoal powder. I´ll take one kilo and a Rolex Explorer replica. haha

what??45??
I will sell your for 30$ :P

#48 knackers

knackers

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

That places looks rather dodgy. With the exception of the KNO3 all of the images on the chemicals page appear to have been copied from auschems. The chemicals also appear to be fairly similar to those on the ac site (the Al is 400mesh, the charcoal is mallee) which may indicate that they are simply reselling or even drop shipping. In either case their prices are substantially higher than auschems'.

Add that to the fact that they are selling fake IDs and slingshots, both of which are illegal in Victoria (and most of the other states), and are therefore a police raid just waiting to happen...I think I might avoid this particular supplier and I would suggest that others should probably do the same.

"oo yea'', i just checked out that site,

dodgy is being too kind,, what a rip off !! literally, fake rolex watches, Al powder he says is good for flash, ( which is not ),
prices are ballistic !! i also recomend eveybody stay clear,

it is cheaper to import goods from the states with the expensive express postage than it is to buy on that site

#49 Bowerz

Bowerz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

I saw a fair amount of Potassium Nitrate for sale on ebay, say a week ago, from mutliple sellers, and now there is none.

I read something about the possibility of pyrotechnics laws being changed if England were to ever join the EU. Also, I seem to remember something about a person reviewing the current laws, something along those lines.
You'll have to forgive my memory, tis not one of the best.

Just wondering if any of the laws had changed, or if it has become more difficult to purchase said items.

- Sam

I brought 900g of it for 4 pounds + p&p, it arrived within two days and it makes great rocket candy (or with enough Bicarbonate of Soda, smoke candy as i like to call it).

#50 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

It's simply that Ebay rules don't allow the sale of KN03.

People get away with it for a while, then Ebay delete all the auctions, then people advertise it again...

As far as the EU is concerned, unfortunately we (UK) are already a member state, more's the pity.

Edited by phildunford, 26 March 2009 - 02:51 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#51 Bowerz

Bowerz

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

It's simply that Ebay rules don't allow the sale of KN03.

People get away with it for a while, then Ebay delete all the auctions, then people advertise it again...

As far as the EU is concerned, unfortunately we (UK) are already a member state, more's the pity.

They don't sell it using the word KNO3 it's generally names SaltPetre on eBay. How ever i know it's against eBay's rules to sell any kind of pyro material.

#52 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

They don't sell it using the word KNO3 it's generally names SaltPetre on eBay. How ever i know it's against eBay's rules to sell any kind of pyro material.

Not quite, it is against the rules to sell live compositions, oxidisers and hazardous chemicals (not all if correctly packaged and transported)
Phew that was close.

#53 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

Has anyone else recently ordered any Krista K potassium nitrate from JFC monro? if so did yours contain any sort of contamination like listed earlier in this thread? I am just curios about buying some and really don't want contaminated produce when it costs me 50 quid for 1 bag.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#54 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

Has anyone else recently ordered any Krista K potassium nitrate from JFC monro? if so did yours contain any sort of contamination like listed earlier in this thread? I am just curios about buying some and really don't want contaminated produce when it costs me 50 quid for 1 bag.

Is it now £50 for 25kg ?
the last time i bought some i got 5 bags for that!

#55 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:16 PM

Yep, according to them their suppliers have increased the price substantially and so this has reflected on to their price. But anyhow I am curios as to whether or not these bags contain contamination.

#56 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

I don't know why anyone wants to buy KNO3 off ebay, when you've got a spot on supplier like Inoxia. Its safe, pure and they use paypal. It also works out a lot cheaper than a lot of them scankers on ebay that charge £1 a kilo, and then a million pound for postage. Then it arrives and the postmans got more than you in his sack because the packaging was a rush job. I'm not saying all ebay suppliers are like this, and I've bought off one or two, BUT, Inoxia need I.D. and thats got to be a good thing in my opinion, for loads of reasons, think about it.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#57 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

By the way,, I'm in no way affiliated with Inoxia, just a satisfied customer

Edited by Deano 1, 31 March 2009 - 11:23 PM.

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#58 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

I believe there are quite a few of those on this forum ;)

I too am a bit shocked by the current Potassium nitrate prices. Here in New Zealand it was seventy cents a kilo. Now it is almost $3!
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#59 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

Hi deano thanks for the information but I am not talking about e-bay, yes you get alot of prats selling stuff and is one reason I avoid buying from there. I am just interested in anyone who has bout JFC Monro 25KG bags of potassium nitrate and if they have any sort of contamination as was mentioned by some people earlier in this thread. I am looking at using Inoxia but in the long run it is cheaper and more viable to buy 25KG for 46 quid than it is to buy 6KG for 25 quid as 25KG will last me years.

#60 Sambo

Sambo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

I've got a bag of JFC Monro KNO3, no real problems with contamination. There is occasionally a black speck or two that i come across, i don't know what it is but it has no effect on the final product.
I think i payed £12.50 for 25kg when i bought it and about £12 postage, overall ~ £1/kg!

Edited by Sambo, 02 April 2009 - 09:00 AM.

Currently firing for Pendragon Fireworks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users