#46 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:37 AM

Creepin_pyro
I am always on the look out for every day things that can be used in compositions. This is usually the best way to acquire ingredients because they are so cheap... Any more?

View Post

Barite is Barium Sulphate. Not sure, but I think this is also brittle and easy to process, and relatively insoluable.

Silicon crystals can be bought from mineral shops. Useful for adding to priming compositions in powder form...

Stock Titanium can be filed into a powder without too much bother. A useful alternative to the expensive powder.

Can't think of any more.

#47 richard2

richard2

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:48 PM

I belive than chinese needle antimony trisulphide is made by crushing the mineral Stibnite however I am not sure how easy this is to crush. I looked into it a little and seem to remeber finding a fairly cheap (UK) source for the mineral however do not remember where. I did not go any further than look as I do not realy need any antimony trisulphide at the minute and again the unknown (poroblem?) of crushing it.

Rich

#48 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:06 AM

I belive than chinese needle antimony trisulphide is made by crushing the mineral Stibnite however I am not sure how easy this is to crush. I looked into it a little and seem to remeber finding a fairly cheap (UK) source for the mineral however do not remember where. I did not go any further than look as I do not realy need any antimony trisulphide at the minute and again the unknown (poroblem?) of crushing it.
Rich

View Post

Stibnite has a hardness of 2 (gypsum) so will be very easy to crush. IIRC, the pyrotechnic form of the material (chinese needle) is made from crushing the ore, so this could be useful.

#49 robfir

robfir

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:35 PM

any ideas about buying powdered sulphur and potassium nitrate in the same order from garden direct, do they have a website?

#50 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:39 PM

I wouldn't arouse suspicion. Every garden center I've been in sells sulphur. Just order the Poatassium Nitrate.

#51 al93535

al93535

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 06:28 AM

For any of you guys in the UK or anywhere outside the USA I found a place where you can buy Perchlorate-ammonium&potassium, 600 mesh aluminum, trisulfide, barium, strontium, KNO3, and quite a few others. Prices are not too bad at all, in fact some are better then skylighter.

http://www.fireworks...y.net/chemicals

This is a US based company. On thier frequently asked questions page it clears says they can ship ANYTHING they sell (except fuse) outside the USA. Just email him for a shipping quote!

There you go, if you want it, you can get it there!! I hope this helps you guys, you guys deserve a good supplier. I have ordered from there with no problems.
The more I learn, the more I know I don't know.

#52 s2525

s2525

Irish Pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 12:47 PM

Do you mind me asking if anyone here has got fuse sent from the USA to youre country and what happend?

EDIT:DAMN grammer ;)

Edited by s2525, 24 January 2005 - 07:01 PM.

Youre Friend
S25
===

#53 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

Has anyone dealt with these people before? Or is anyone planning on dealing with them?:)
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#54 Flashy

Flashy

Safety First!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:42 PM

Has anyone dealt with these people before? Or is anyone planning on dealing with them?:)

View Post

I've emailed asking for a shipping quote on some perc, and som dark pyro al.
There is no add to cart button for the perc though so i don't know if its still availiable. Another thing is if you go to the homepage there is no link to the chemicals section. Well i couldn't find it anyway.
Just have to wait and see now.

#55 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:43 PM

I just shot them an email about non-oxidiser chemicals, in the past they said they couldn't ship fuse, which isn't too suprising. They are obviously just reselling other's stuff, so I am resistant, but desperate for a Sb2S3 source.

#56 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:45 PM

But im sure that they are not alloud to ship oxidisers across continents! But i may be wrong!
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#57 Flashy

Flashy

Safety First!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:26 PM

I am slightly concerned, surely the likes of perc would get picked up by customs on its way into the uk? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

You can get perc over here from http://www.catalogue.....m perchlorate . never ordered from them, and the prices are a little high.

Edited by Flashy, 22 January 2005 - 04:26 PM.

#58 Nova

Nova

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:29 PM

They are obviously just reselling other's stuff, so I am resistant, but desperate for a Sb2S3 source.

View Post

Very obviously indeed, all the chemicals they sell are the exact same mesh grade as Skylighters, the only difference is the price.

If your interested, I happen to have a source for Antimony Trisulfide in located in Europe. PM me for more information.

But im sure that they are not alloud to ship oxidisers across continents! But i may be wrong!

You're probably right. I've had some contact with a few American pyrosuppliers and they assured me there is no legal American supplier that can ship oxidisers and other potentially dangerous chemicals out of the US.

#59 al93535

al93535

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 08:17 PM

Well he says he can do it. Why argue with it? Send him an email, and if he gives you a quote go for it! The dark aluminum 600 mesh is pretty dang cheap. I know its hard for you guys to get some stuff, so why not try, eh?
The more I learn, the more I know I don't know.

#60 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:17 PM

I Dropped them an email about a month ago orso and got the reply that they cant ship to United Kingdom..I asked for Flitter Aluminium.. :( ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users