Posted 01 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

Please count me in.

#32 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:44 PM

Actually we are getting near to sufficient numbers to run this...

Richard H
fflach
PyroPDC
Fruitful Steve
Helix
Pyromanica 303
zebedee
Gavin

8 by my count, although some are maybes...

If we can get about 4 more, I will approach Steve and start suggesting dates and locations etc.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#33 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

I'm interested, depending on the distance...

#34 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:06 PM

I'd like to attend, depending of date and venue. Obviously as close to my hose as possible, but the OH won't allow us use of the patio, and I'm pretty sure I don't have ANY safety distance!

How about the school the AGM was held at?

#35 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:58 PM

From a while ago, the venue cost could seriously affect the cost of the course, and getting a cat4 suitable firing site near a classroom demanded some compromises. If you are coming please cut and paste the list so far and add your own name to the list in your post. That way Richard doesn't have to look through all the posts for names.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#36 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hi All,

It's quite possible that I could get the school again as a venue, but it's not very central and several people specifically don't want to have to travel to London - which I can understand - I live here!

Most likely venue is the one we have used before in Leicstershire. I have spoken to Steve (Icarus) and he is OK with that. Apparantly the pub is under new management so the food might be better!

I need to get a total course cost and possible dates from Illuminate Consult so we can work out minimum numbers. I'm hoping to nail all this by the middle of next week.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#37 teaboy

teaboy

Ejects Stars and Bangs

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

Any news on this yet?

#38 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

have we any dates or locations yet ??

#39 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

OK chaps...

I suggest Saturday 12th September at the Crosskeys Inn 9 Worthington La, Newbold Coleorton, Coalville Leicestershire.

This venue has been used before and is reasonably central and accessable. It's also changed hands, so the food is supposed to be better!

Sorry to those who wanted it sooner, this is realistically the best we can do - not actually very long to wait.

We are looking at about £100 per head, depending on how many people come and we will be having a slightly reduced price for paid up UKPS members.

Practical minimum number is 8 and maximum 12 people - the more people, the cheaper it will be.

When I know how many will be coming I can give you an exact price. For those of you who are familiar with the cost of commercial training this is a very good deal. It includes an excellent manual and hands-on experience with CAT 4 material.

You need to be 18 or over to attend - not our rules, it's the law.

Please PM me if you want to come - we need to settle this within 2 weeks or so or we may loose our slot with the trainers.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#40 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

We need two more confirmed participants to get the price down to £100.

Thanks to those who have PM'd me so far - Any more takers?

Illuminate can only hold the date for a couple of weeks without a firm booking.

Edited by phildunford, 29 May 2009 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Imagethegreenman

#41 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

Choice;
Book it and divide the cost between attendees
Don't book it!

#42 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

OK chaps - we seem to be there...

I will contact you all individually and will be asking for your full contact details and a small deposit!

Still room for a couple more... Let me know by PM if you are interested
Posted Imagethegreenman

#43 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

If you have expressed an interest, you should have just received a PM from me with details of what to do next.

If I have missed you out, sorry! please contact me!

Still room for one or two more - please PM me if you want to come.

This is a very worthwhile course both for the people that take it and for the UKPS. It goes to build up our reputation as a serious and reputable organisation.
Posted Imagethegreenman

#44 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

Great let's hope everyone attends and passes. Everything that you need to know is covered in the course.

It would actually be nice if the society could consider running this course annually. Everyone who loves firing fireworks should consider it important to fire them safely.

#45 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:33 PM

Unless anyone drops out (hope not!) this course is now full.

If you are interested and did not get a place, please contact me anyway.
Posted Imagethegreenman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users